LDC 2023 - The Ride

TKDMitch

Out of likes but loving every post and the supreme efforts of all the riders & support. This event has turned into a monster. £86k....fack!

• Like 1

The real real hero's are the guys that are rolling in at 6 and 7 in the morning.

Got up for a glass of water and just seen a couple of riders arriving

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, EXUPDEL said:

The real real hero's are the guys that are rolling in at 6 and 7 in the morning.

Got up for a glass of water and just seen a couple of riders arriving

Fuck. The longer it goes on the harder it is so it makes sense to go as fast as possible 

• Like 2

There is something quite 'TT' about it.

It's great, you really admire those who do it, but riding a bike for such a long time requires immense levels of concentration and you're always glad when it's over, and everyone makes it home, safe and sound.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jenny Pryde said:

It's great, you really admire those who do it, but riding a bike for such a long time requires immense levels of concentration and you're always glad when it's over, and everyone makes it home, safe and sound.

Very much this. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jenny Pryde said:

Don't think it's so much TT more like whacy races

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Imagine my delight when I opened the goody bag from pitstop5 and found not only a scone but also some butter and jam.

20230622_094021.jpg.3df807a35241c8e405a1b557846551f5.jpg

For next year would it be possible to have a little tub of clotted cream as well?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, hawkati said:

Fuck. The longer it goes on the harder it is so it makes sense to go as fast as possible 

This was the mistake I made. If Is ever do it again, I shall attempt to make more progress where possible.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jaycee said:

This was the mistake I made. If Is ever do it again, I shall attempt to make more progress where possible.

This ☝️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hawkati said:

Just out of interest, who holds the race* record for LDC? 

I know it’s not a simple answer as regards the route changing etc, but is there a definitive list of fastest times?

*Not a race. Definitely not. Absolutely perish the thought…

Oh and well done everyone, lunatics/heroes the lot of you.

41 minutes ago, SWTH said:

I know it’s not a simple answer as regards the route changing etc, but is there a definitive list of fastest times?

Fastest down was @ZZR monkey Duncan on a CBR 1000

Worth reading the 2014 comedy. It had pannier tanks and he had a pissing tube fitted...

hope that's the right tag 👍

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, CMSMJ1 said:

Fastest down was @ZZR monkey Duncan on a CBR 1000

Worth reading the 2014 comedy. It had pannier tanks and he had a pissing tube fitted...

hope that's the right tag 👍

To clarify,  that was two 20 litre jerrycans all connected with hoses, pump & a killswitch. I rode with him for around 80 miles of hilarious terror into Edinburgh. We died laughing then as my bike went onto reserve he laughed some more and fucked off over the horizon. 

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, SWTH said:

Sit down with some drinks and snacks and read the 2014 threads, looking back and knowing what has happened since, that was fucking epic and a lasting tribute to the people that made it happen and people who are no longer with us.

Well done this year people, outstanding as usual.

• Like 7

Well done to all this year, I've thrown some money in to my mate Dave's pot (fnar fnar) He did it this year on a shonky gsx600f after seeing me do it last year on the mighty vfr.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, laney said:

Well done to all this year, I've thrown some money in to my mate Dave's pot (fnar fnar) He did it this year on a shonky gsx600f after seeing me do it last year on the mighty vfr.

That gsxf was something to behold. Utterly rotten. I think only @wavey's dullville ran it close.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, EXUPDEL said:

Imagine my delight when I opened the goody bag from pitstop5 and found not only a scone but also some butter and jam.

20230622_094021.jpg.3df807a35241c8e405a1b557846551f5.jpg

For next year would it be possible to have a little tub of clotted cream as well?

Oh noes. NO CREAM. What did @EvilSpike put on before the jam?

• Haha 5

Just now, Superdunc said:

That gsxf was something to behold. Utterly rotten. I think only @wavey's dullville ran it close.

I'm sure he had a slightly better 750 version but for some reason didn`t use it. I saw the pictures of you sticking it back together at P1 😅  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, laney said:

I'm sure he had a slightly better 750 version but for some reason didn`t use it. I saw the pictures of you sticking it back together at P1 😅  

The bike did the job though. 👏 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, laney said:

We did comment on the gsx when it left pitstop no 2, it was quality 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ssray said:

I liked the colour coded gaffa tape holding his sat-nav on!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jaycee said:

What you need in one of those £500 panigarlys that a lot of people seem to find in their mates shed…

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ssray said:

we did indeed, some proper ropey bikes in that lot - fair play and good effort to all riders. 
I was knackered after just a couple of hours getting names and being on clipboard duties, as for actually riding one . . . . . 

• Like 3