LDC 2023 - The Ride

TKDMitch

Riders are in at Pitstop 3 now, Owd Nell's Tavern near Preston. It's worth remembering they've been riding for 10 hours straight, and they're not even half way there yet...

If you reckon that deserves some recognition, rummage down the back of the sofa and see if you can find a few quid to donate via the link below :thumbsup:

Longest Day Up 2023 (cancerresearchuk.org)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, B1257 said:

Some very clean £600 shitters on the ride this year. 🤣

There always have been. Some of those "£300" bikes were worth way more. Mine was barely worth the £273 I paid for it 😄

Edited by jaycee
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TKDMitch said:

Two stalwarts of the LDC, yet again in fancy dress on a baking hot day. Top effort guys, well-deserved ice cream :)

May be an image of 2 people and text

May be an image of 5 people, motorcycle and text

Absolutely legends, the pair of them. Always happy too

• Like 2

The first peeps into P3 could be on for midnightish arrival into JoG or even a bit before. 

Bloody hell. That would be good going.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jaycee said:

I have already mentioned it on the Facebook post, but all that guys card details are visible in the ice cream pic.... 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, toosmooth said:

I have already mentioned it on the Facebook post, but all that guys card details are visible in the ice cream pic.... 

Sorted, cheers dude :)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jaycee said:

Carrying his trophy with pride. Pride and cable ties :D

Edit to add: Pic is from yesterday, he's not having a Stella at every Pitstop :D

AJFCJaWhxZ_OAfDPnyUTLuFshyieyErndY0dARIqiPEq4YWOz0F0B9tmcx4O0ThFgmQu9YIRWwpn4nEpghTzGWQuA3A1n1IX7etBCCFE0mvoiMGPXOsbIKelDCJN1_oIf_un9YmXI4INBB4hh9FoDzmlYdny=w420-h933-s-no

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, jaycee said:

There always have been. Some of those "£300" bikes were worth way more. Mine was barely worth the £273 I paid for it 😄

Someone always has to wear it :D

AJFCJaVKgiRiKZia_2TDrWk3eEQxvBgoeGbMV-3zo8KokSerYu4KQWBWmqVcVex1OfglGt-Z3mKldfVTmbO9OpTybTfnBg9BVaTm_NqEFvJupFgwEFhC8uiqmk5En7WH18BAGssV_vw0ZiVTci0ZuUc3bhDF=w420-h933-s-no

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, TKDMitch said:

I'm glad there are grown-ups around to help me do things properly :D

No problem...

zXigVd8.gif

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, IforB said:

What time did the first lot get into P1 @TKDMitch? Not that i am trying to see how the times are going in the race charity ride...

Luke and Johnny look far too clean and suave. Johnny obviously found the aircon button on the van this time...

7:22 Derek 

Edited by Thunderbolt
H
  • Like 1

yes the P2 stickers were all thanks to @King_louis but we enjoyed applying them and adding a suitable caption where appicable or slanderous acusation for P3 to savour 

Respect indeed to the chap on the VanVan
Danger money goes to the guy on the ZZR600 with Honda calipers and a badly fitted hose bent double stopping the forks extending to full travel
and as for the Honda twin - running on one, good luck

Some nice bikes clearly swinging it and should be fined, some proper shit heaps, but the Triumphs looked to be the new weapon of choice for this event,

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, CRM said:

yes the P2 stickers were all thanks to @King_louis but we enjoyed applying them and adding a suitable caption where appicable or slanderous acusation for P3 to savour 

Danger money goes to the guy on the ZZR600 with Honda calipers and a badly fitted hose bent double stopping the forks extending to full travel

Some nice bikes clearly swinging it and should be fined, some proper shit heaps, but the Triumphs looked to be the new weapon of choice for this event,

Disappointed Rusty didn’t get a sticker.😞

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CRM said:

we tried it wouldnt stick 

Rude

27 minutes ago, CRM said:

As soon as I spotted the P2 stickers, I started hunting them out. Not all riders were aware that they'd gained a sticker.

The lad on the VanVan, that was his uncle's bike. He lost him to cancer a couple of years ago, and inherited the VanVan, and thought it apt to do the LDC. Fair fucks to him. I waved him and another participant off from the A6 to the M6 (as they were running late for the ferry, so were instructed to take a shortcut).

And yes, some bikes were definitely not shitters, not even remotely.

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, heds954 said:

As soon as I spotted the P2 stickers, I started hunting them out. Not all riders were aware that they'd gained a sticker.

The lad on the VanVan, that was his uncle's bike. He lost him to cancer a couple of years ago, and inherited the VanVan, and thought it apt to do the LDC. Fair fucks to him. I waved him and another participant off from the A6 to the M6 (as they were running late for the ferry, so were instructed to take a shortcut).

And yes, some bikes were definitely not shitters, not even remotely.

It doesn’t matter, they are all heroes.

• Like 9