LDC 2022 The Ride

TKDMitch

4 hours ago, IforB said:

I got up at 0900 last year. Did the photocall and ate some brekkie, then rode 7 hrs through the twisties back to a mate's place in Stirling. 

Adrenaline does funny things to you, as I felt great! 

There's just something special about doing nothing but riding, day after day. You do get knackered, but next day all you want to do is ride on. Covering big distances on two wheels (yes, 300 laps of a roundabout in a 1995 Seat Ibitha does count) is mega! 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, svingel said:

next day all you want to do is ride on. 

Couldn't wait to get off the thing and have not ridden it since 😳😂

But.... Would love to get back on it next year. 

Well done every single one of you, just a brilliant effort. Will throw some money in the pot tomorrow 👌

• Like 2

Surfaced at 08.30 after 3hrs kip post getting in at 4.45am. 

Did the photos had a lush square sausage bun and have just ridden home to Darlington.  

I will do a write up once it's settled in but until then I just want to thank each and every one of the pit stop crews...you were (are) amazing. 👌

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, B1257 said:

Surfaced at 08.30 after 3hrs kip post getting in at 4.45am. 

Did the photos had a lush square sausage bun and have just ridden home to Darlington.  

I will do a write up once it's settled in but until then I just want to thank each and every one of the pit stop crews...you were (are) amazing. 👌

Well done. You certainly put a shift in! 

18 hours ago, Basil said:

Who's been target shooting at the back of that transit?

That’s Rusty my Sprinter.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Sidkinky said:

I see on FB that Luke B is starting his train journey back home. How he can even think about it is beyond me - I’d be full-on comatose still.

As da yoot say - props to them all innit.

He did that last year too.

15 hours ago, cuban pete said:

Couldn't wait to get off the thing and have not ridden it since 😳😂

But.... Would love to get back on it next year. 

Well done every single one of you, just a brilliant effort. Will throw some money in the pot tomorrow 👌

You shot off too early last year, Angus and I had a spirited ride back for the first couple of hundred.

1 hour ago, Thunderbolt said:

You shot off too early last year, Angus and I had a spirited ride back for the first couple of hundred.

Had to bail as the sight of 30 men in matching t shirts was far to homo erotic for my tastes 😁

1 hour ago, Thunderbolt said:

That’s Rusty my Sprinter.

So it is! Curse my contact lenses and ability to read!

Well after half a decent nights sleep to try and recover, realising I've not got enough grip strength to bother holding a spanner (although the Rusty Tomato has already had a curiosity compression test this morning) I decided I'd spend a bit of time updating my project thread on here with a little write up on the day! 

Just wanted to say a MASSIVE thank you to those on here who were part of the pit crews and those working away in the background, I didn't get enough of a chance to say it on the day because I was focused on getting away for the next pitstop again, but every stop was bloody awesome! Straight away a team of people there ready to clean visors, lube chains, top up oil and feed us with warm welcoming smiles! I easily could have spent half hour at each stop chatting if time allowed! 

Also massive thanks to John and Joe who worked their arses off from start to finish (plus no doubt no end of time put in during the lead up)

What a fantastic day and experience the whole event has been! I've made some great friends along the way and have some great memories to take with me!

Just wondering what bike to use next time :eusa_think:

NIoLCRl.jpg

P.s. I've just done a write up of the trip on my Project thread so if you like reading (or lots of pictures) and will be sat on the toilet for the next 10 minutes, then check it out!

Edited by James306
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, James306 said:

Well after half a decent nights sleep to try and recover, realising I've not got enough grip strength to bother holding a spanner (although the Rusty Tomato has already had a curiosity compression test this morning) I decided I'd spend a bit of time updating my project thread on here with a little write up on the day! 

Just wanted to say a MASSIVE thank you to those on here who were part of the pit crews and those working away in the background, I didn't get enough of a chance to say it on the day because I was focused on getting away for the next pitstop again, but every stop was bloody awesome! Straight away a team of people there ready to clean visors, lube chains, top up oil and feed us with warm welcoming smiles! I easily could have spent half hour at each stop chatting if time allowed! 

Also massive thanks to John and Joe who worked their arses off from start to finish (plus no doubt no end of time put in during the lead up)

What a fantastic day and experience the whole event has been! I've made some great friends along the way and have some great memories to take with me!

Just wondering what bike to use next time :eusa_think:

NIoLCRl.jpg

Use the same bike but with added supercharger?😈

Good to meet you and cheers for being on here bunging updates of the build - half the challenge is throwing a bike together for the price and entertaining us all with comedy bodges!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, blow_away said:

The importance of the comma.

Don't forget grammar! The difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your Uncle jack off a horse!

• Haha 2