LDC 2022 The Ride

TKDMitch

9 minutes ago, IforB said:

Probably flat chat in a Tranny 

is this a euphamism?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

All the riders are through P2 now, and some will be into 3 by the time this gets posted. The weather's holding, all going well bar a number plate that's gone MIA somewhere along the route :D

May be an image of text that says "TIME IN TIME OUT 11-09 12 나나 2 02 0 James Shaun Steven Stephen Paul Gavin Luke Gary Ricky Brett Paul Andy Judson Arthur Scott Chris 40 -48 12-35 0 Anderton Baker Bartley Bennett Berryman Bevan Brakenbury Buckett Bunton Coston Coward Crackett Cross Cullen Durkin Evans Gunning Hardman Harris Hindley 1-02 0٥ 53 ร8 รอ 12 12-58 35 12-46 11-012 11-19 12 02 1-07 134 (2- 1_7 52 11:10 Simon Andy Shane Simon 12 David Lane Lush Manning Martingdale Mileas Michael Denver Derek Marcus 20 Ransome Richardson Peter 으 Skinner Sutton Shaun 12 Anthony 11-26 Wood Worthington 12- 08"

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, TKDMitch said:

All the riders are through P2 now, and some will be into 3 by the time this gets posted. The weather's holding, all going well bar a number plate that's gone MIA somewhere along the route :D

May be an image of text that says "TIME IN TIME OUT 11-09 12 나나 2 02 0 James Shaun Steven Stephen Paul Gavin Luke Gary Ricky Brett Paul Andy Judson Arthur Scott Chris 40 -48 12-35 0 Anderton Baker Bartley Bennett Berryman Bevan Brakenbury Buckett Bunton Coston Coward Crackett Cross Cullen Durkin Evans Gunning Hardman Harris Hindley 1-02 0٥ 53 ร8 รอ 12 12-58 35 12-46 11-012 11-19 12 02 1-07 134 (2- 1_7 52 11:10 Simon Andy Shane Simon 12 David Lane Lush Manning Martingdale Mileas Michael Denver Derek Marcus 20 Ransome Richardson Peter 으 Skinner Sutton Shaun 12 Anthony 11-26 Wood Worthington 12- 08"

Ah the old "it must have just fallen off occifer..."

• Haha 3

Thanks for posting stuff on here guys, I am not arsebook so am out of the loop with regards social media

• Like 5

Our guys have been riding for nearly 12 hours now, with only the small matter of all of Scotland still to go!

They're heading through Pitstop 3 now, a quick break then off again!

Now, who "won" the Polite vest this year? :D

May be an image of 3 people, motorcycle and road

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Obviously an event like this can only run with the help of a sophisticated Comms System, allowing us to pass messages from Pitstop to Pitstop easily.

May be an image of outdoors

No photo description available.

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

5 minutes ago, TKDMitch said:

Our guys have been riding for nearly 12 hours now, with only the small matter of all of Scotland still to go!

They're heading through Pitstop 3 now, a quick break then off again!

Now, who "won" the Polite vest this year? :D

May be an image of 3 people, motorcycle and road

Ahhhh P3. An amazing spread of food and without me having to touch it, the bike was fettled from being pretty much shagged out to feeling virtually brand new (in the context of a £300 shitter of course) in the time it took me to eat a banana, down some tea, fill up the camel back and scoff some flap jacks. 

I didn't ask what was done, but I suspect the application of chain lube and chain tension were involved, it was somewhat baggy!

• Like 2

Any idea of the timings from P3 @TKDMitch?

Not that I'm slightly obsessed by it today or anything...

Edited by IforB
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, IforB said:

Any idea of the timings from P3 @TKDMitch?

Some have got to be into Scotland by now I reckon? They're spreading out more now though, there's going to be 3 hours between the front runners (Nige and Andy) and those still coming in to P3. Nige and Andy's pitstop at P3 was ......... 1 minute :D

All timings approximate, officer :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, TKDMitch said:

Some have got to be into Scotland by now I reckon? They're spreading out more now though, there's going to be 3 hours between the front runners (Nige and Andy) and those still coming in to P3. Nige and Andy's pitstop at P3 was ......... 1 minute :D

All timings approximate, officer :)

Yeah, I would have thought the first bikes would be near Dumfries by now and winding their way up towards Stranraer. I think I got to Gourock at about 6ish, just in time for my ignition barrel to have a fit and blow the main fuse!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, IforB said:

Ahhhh P3. An amazing spread of food and without me having to touch it, the bike was fettled from being pretty much shagged out to feeling virtually brand new (in the context of a £300 shitter of course) in the time it took me to eat a banana, down some tea, fill up the camel back and scoff some flap jacks. 

I didn't ask what was done, but I suspect the application of chain lube and chain tension were involved, it was somewhat baggy!

Have you not thought about an insulated  Camelbak full of tea!!     for the absolute win

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Most of our riders are through P3 now. P4 is the stop for the ferry crossing, but Shaun, Gavin and Denver may have to take a different route straight to P5 or risk missing the last ferry.

P4 is set up and ready to welcome the riders, kettle on :) The ferry crossing is a great point to get the riders together in small groups ready for the leg to P5 at Inverness. You need the numbers to fight off the midgies :D

WhatsApp Image 2022-06-21 at 4.48.31 PM.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Ian_H said:

Have you not thought about an insulated  Camelbak full of tea!!     for the absolute win

A Camelback filled with scrumpy and LSD would be my choice :lol:

Edited by blow_away
I'd make it to JoG, in a new record time of 27 days, 9 hours
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, TKDMitch said:

Ben's had an off, sounds like he's alright and is pressing on, may need some running repairs at P4.

WhatsApp Image 2022-06-21 at 4.53.51 PM.jpeg

Ouch. Hope he's okay? The collection tins probably saved the bike from further damage.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TKDMitch said:

Ben's had an off, sounds like he's alright and is pressing on, may need some running repairs at P4.

WhatsApp Image 2022-06-21 at 4.53.51 PM.jpeg

Oh boo. Hope all is OK and the only damage is to his pride.

Mind you, with a Trophy, I'm more worried about the damage to the road than the bike...

Edited by IforB

Sounds like he's OK, rear brake lever and an indicator seem to be the casualties. He's going to press on and hopefully the guys at P4 can give the bike a good look over for him.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TKDMitch said:

Sounds like he's OK, rear brake lever and an indicator seem to be the casualties. He's going to press on and hopefully the guys at P4 can give the bike a good look over for him.

Any idea what happened? I hope it wasn't a massive pile of slippery cow shit... You seem to get plenty of those on the roads of Dumfries and Galloway for some reason...

Edit to add the "wasn't" not was!

Edited by IforB

3 minutes ago, IforB said:

Any idea what happened? I hope it was a massive pile of slippery cow shit... You seem to get plenty of those on the roads of Dumfries and Galloway for some reason...

Lost it on a squashed grockle :eusa_think:

5 minutes ago, IforB said:

Any idea what happened? I hope it was a massive pile of slippery cow shit... You seem to get plenty of those on the roads of Dumfries and Galloway for some reason...

Don't know at the moment, but after the trophy/tarmac interface there have been tsunamis on the other side of the world :D

• Haha 6

I'm going to be offline for a while folks, I'll do a big catch up around 9.00pm. For now, we know all our riders are through P3. Most are heading for P4, the last few are going to skip the ferry and make up some time with a bit of motorway, before re-joining the route further north. Next stop Inverness for all of them :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TKDMitch said:

I'm going to be offline for a while folks, I'll do a big catch up around 9.00pm. For now, we know all our riders are through P3. Most are heading for P4, the last few are going to skip the ferry and make up some time with a bit of motorway, before re-joining the route further north. Next stop Inverness for all of them :)

I'll get Jaycee and Greg to ping me some piccies etc if you want. Happy to stick them up here if that's alright with you?

Edited by IforB
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, IforB said:

I'll get Jaycee and Greg to ping me some piccies etc if you want. Happy to stick them up here if that's alright with you?

Yes please, here, facebook, anywhere :)

Just got time to say, first riders in at Pitstop 4 :)

Get ready for the midge induced lack of visibility on the gallop up to and through Glen Coe

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, EXUPDEL said:

Get ready for the midge induced lack of visibility on the gallop up to and through Glen Coe

That was lethal. Combined with the low sun = literally could not see the road.

Edited by hawkati

5 minutes ago, hawkati said:

That was lethal. Combined with the low sun = literally could not see the road.

as amazing as the sights were some cloud cover would have been welcome at that point

7 minutes ago, EXUPDEL said:

as amazing as the sights were some cloud cover would have been welcome at that point

It was very much twilight when we went through there, so got away with that one 😁

• Like 1