LDC 2021 The Ride

TKDMitch

Well done all.  

Great riding and fettling and some great pics. 

Support crew and communication executives also deserving of some kudos. 

As an alumnus of the school of stupid all day rides I find my memory of the trauma sufficiently reduced so that if I can find a bike and some time to ride it....I may chuck my hat in again for an anniversary ride..

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CMSMJ1 said:

Well done all.  

As an alumnus of the school of stupid all day rides I find my memory of the trauma sufficiently reduced so that if I can find a bike and some time to ride it....I may chuck my hat in again for an anniversary ride..

I've not been here as long as most... but i'd certainly like to say one day i'll try this as it's an epic epic feat for the right reasons.

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, CMSMJ1 said:

Well done all.  

I asked Ifor to sell me the Fazer for £300. He just laughed😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

This gives me a mixture of laughter, and a bit of grit in my eye. It might be a small event, seen in a bigger context, but still, it is fantastic what a magazine, some dodgy characters, and love for motorbikes can do. That and "A crate of Red Bull and enough speed to kill a horse"!!  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

As always humbled by all those riders doing what we would all love to but fear in equal amounts. Simply brilliant.

• Like 5

How is the John Wayne impersonation club this morning?.....

....well done poples, great job.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, fastfreddybikes said:

As always humbled by all those riders doing what we would all love to but fear in equal amounts. Simply brilliant.

Andrew, just bloody do it. You'll surprise yourself. Ifor had doubts about his ability to complete it

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic news to wake up to this morning.

Everyone involved should be very, very, proud of themselves. Thank you to the riders, the forum, the PB staffers and to anyone who donated.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, hylar1000 said:

How is the John Wayne impersonation club this morning?.....

....well done poples, great job.

It was more like the masdebators society getting together, all right forearms pumped and dead from elbow to wrist. 

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, jaycee said:

Ya great big poof! 

😍

And ill even give you a great big kiss if you get your arse on this event as a rider again. 

And ill see if spider woman will make an appearance for us at Jog, what more of an offer do you want? 

Wonder how's she's aged after the last 7 years of alcohol abuse. 🤔

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ray Von said:

It was more like the masdebators society getting together, all right forearms pumped and dead from elbow to wrist. 

@Thunderboltdragged himself off his bike at P4 and his right hand was still in throttle-grip 😄

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, jaycee said:

Andrew, just bloody do it. You'll surprise yourself. Ifor had doubts about his ability to complete it

Adrenaline is a powerful thing, I'm normally falling a sleep by 10pm, think I could have stayed awake 48 hours off the back of this, but when it wears off.... Boom! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, heds954 said:

Just got back home from P3.

It was great to see the reprobates from the forum, and I've noticed that there is a pattern forming in that I keep ending up in carparks talking to strange leather clad men from the internet. :tacheemoticonwh7:

You forgot to mention the *ribbed black latex... :ph34r:

*heavy-duty workshop gloves

1 minute ago, DesmoEddy said:

You forgot to mention the *ribbed black latex... :ph34r:

*heavy-duty workshop gloves

Or the copious amounts of oil and grease* :tacheemoticonwh7:

*10w40 & Copaslip

2 hours ago, trackdaybob said:

image.jpeg.5ed95d5f62917692197aa37866b17024.jpeg

Bob, I think you need to clear your cache.. 😁

Amazing result, absolutely amazing. Although Hawkati on a nice Viffer? Obviously going soft in his old age.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jaycee said:

I asked Ifor to sell me the Fazer for £300. He just laughed😄

He could loan it for your trip next year.....  Did he not read the rules?

My Thunderace was flogged for cheap..

1 hour ago, heds954 said:

Or the copious amounts of oil and grease* :tacheemoticonwh7:

*10w40 & Copaslip

Someone's spilled their load at PS2*

*now say that in the guise of Fat Harry White 😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ian_H said:

Do we have a final roll call of who made it and who dropped out?

Two riders didn't start the ride, and we had two retirements. Luke on the Brackenburgman from what sounds like engine trouble, and Andy Crackett who was very close when he hit something and damaged his front wheel (see the pic earlier in this thread). I think that means we had 30 riders make it on their bikes, 2 in the van.

Edit to add: one rider suffered electrical failure on his bike, collected his other bike from home, and finished on that.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Incredible achievement!

Fair play to all, and a modicum of sympathy for the machines that gave of themselves in service!

Awesome job all and thanks @TKDMitch for your own time and contribution. Get thyself a nut cutlet, carrot and Curley kale smoothie a veggie friendly lager and treat yourself to a foul vegetarian fart!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Top effort by all. The riders especially, but also the peeps that turned out to man check points etc because it couldn't happen without them either.  Cap doffed. 

• Like 7

I've just uploaded an album of photos taken by Heds, it's on the Facebook Page and called Snapchap. Do yourself a favour and go and have a look through. A proper photographer like him can really capture the emotion and character of an event in a way us mere mortals can't. 

Top work Heds, thank you. This is Heds' own Facebook Page.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, TKDMitch said:

I've just uploaded an album of photos taken by Heds, it's on the Facebook Page and called Snapchap. Do yourself a favour and go and have a look through. A proper photographer like him can really capture the emotion and character of an event in a way us mere mortals can't. 

Top work Heds, thank you. This is Heds' own Facebook Page.

@heds954

Fantastic. Thank you.

• Thanks 1

Must be mentioned about the sterling work that @Tony B and his missus did for PS3, and not forgetting the spanner twirling and hammer wielding of @srad34, @DesmoEddyand a couple of other previous LDU'ers, Chris and Mick, and the many ladies who made copious amounts of tea and coffee, lovely sarnies, cakes, and other scrummy goodness!

Edited by heds954
shpelin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tony B said:

@heds954

Fantastic. Thank you.

Not a problem. 

I'll get the large size image of your missus stood with Luke over to you later.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, heds954 said:

Must be mentioned about the stirling work that @Tony B and his missus did for PS3, and not forgetting the spanner twirling and hammer wielding of @srad34, @DesmoEddyand a previous LDU'er (whose bloody name escapes me, due to my goldfish memory - sorry!), and the many ladies who made copious amounts of tea and coffee, lovely sarnies, cakes, and other scrummy goodness!

Great photos. Nice to see James wielding a hammer on his steed smashing it into submission. Like the sun rising in the east and setting behind the burnt out Astra. Love it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2