Much Noise, Many Turbo, Wow.

trident_special

That Merc W25 is something else, as is the Ferrari 412. By Christ, they do know how to make an engine in Modena.

Edited by IforB

Ferrari 412. By Christ, they do know how to make an engine in Modena.

Amazing sound isn't it. I really like the noises from the late 80s/early 90s, before the engine management got too clever, so the engines are popping and banging and overfueling.

That Merc W25 is something else, as is the Ferrari 412. By Christ, they do know how to make an engine in Modena.

They should send those boys round to the F1 department then :icon_salut:

he's in a bit of a hurry - dunc, is the car not set up particularly well, or is it just being driven right on the ragged edge all the time?

he's in a bit of a hurry - dunc, is the car not set up particularly well, or is it just being driven right on the ragged edge all the time?

I looks very taily :D. It looks far too soft in the front springs to me. He drives it like he means though, doesn't he.

If you read the linked article it says that the car is deliberately set up to move around a lot, supposedly so that it is easier to catch when things go properly wrong as it's already sideways and you're controlling a slide rather than being in a straight line and then "wham" it's all gone wrong (sic)....

I'd agree with that. Much in the same way these were driven when rallying prior to the arrival of 4WD systems.

• 1 month later...

I'm not a fan of four-wheeled washing machines, but if I had money to burn I'd have a P85D yesterday.

Fucking insane twist from zero. Plus it's reaffirmed my faith in the future of entertaining transportation, anything that makes people's eyes snap wide open, makes them giggle, shit themselves and generally pour forth their consternation through swearing is all right in my book.

• Like 1

Nope, nope, nope, i've more or less come around to the idea of performance hybrids but all electric can fuck right off and when it get's there after charging for 24 hours it can fuck off again!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I suppose when it's £4 million of someone else's money, you don't mind the banks and sleepers being that close. That's my local Motorsport venue.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In this case the noise is actually pretty crap (if quite sinister), but it's still amazing. Every year Audi books Monza to test its Le Mans configuration aero and they get to run without chicanes. Which means that they're entering Curva Biassono flat, after Monza's straight. That equates to a 210+mph corner.

Modern endurance racing cars are fucking amazing devices.

• Like 6

Yep flat out, no lift until the chicane. The new car is a huge leap over last years car by all accounts.