Much Noise, Many Turbo, Wow.

trident_special

Not sure if that's a wastegate or a humping narwhal...

If I could afford to run a car that makes them kinda noises, I absolutely guarantee that motorbikes would never cross my mind.

*sigh*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If I had the cash, I'd have one of those in a heartbeat.

What, of any car, ever, that's top of your list?

I think he meant the Kangoo. Not the Ferrari shite.

• Like 1

What, of any car, ever, that's top of your list?

Nah, it's not even in the top 10. However, it is top of my family car list and so should I suddenly find myself with a shitload of cash to play with, that'd probably be the first thing I bought to tool around in whilst I found the rest of the garage.

Behold:

Project King Kong

996 turbo with anti lag (amongst other things)

The owner is Winston Wolf i claim my five pounds!

• Like 1

Why don't those that run WRC start a rear drive only class, to run alongside the others? I'd love to know how viewing figures have faired over the years. I can't be the only one who finds it hard to get excited by today's rallying and rally cars. Touring cars too, for that matter.

WRC can still be fun, you can place bets with your mates on how long it will take for Robert Kubica to appear next to upside down Fiesta with a slightly bemused expression on his face. If Ken Block is participating then you can do the same with him.

• Like 3

Why don't those that run WRC start a rear drive only class, to run alongside the others? I'd love to know how viewing figures have faired over the years. I can't be the only one who finds it hard to get excited by today's rallying and rally cars. Touring cars too, for that matter.

In what, MX5's, 1 series' and those toyota GT86's? Actually, that sounds like a great laugh, even though the line up of cars is fairly restricted.

I was thinking more 911s and M3s, and I'm aware nowadays the choice of RWD cars is more limited, but not as limited as the appeal of the current crop of rally cars, IMHO.

• Like 1

Fuck your turbocharged identikit superminis, I give you the 1981 Rally Sanremo.

http://youtu.be/HgaXIkOnlVQ

You can see how it was inevitably going to go though even in that vid. The Quattros went through with so much less fuss and noise and looked slow compared to the other cars, though a stopwatch would have proved quite the opposite.

Great clip though, really brings back what used to get me so excited about rallying.

I think stuff like this would put more bobble hats lining the stages and boost viewing figures at home.

YouTube link is sulking. Leave it with me.

Edited by millerich

I was thinking more 911s and M3s, and I'm aware nowadays the choice of RWD cars is more limited, but not as limited as the appeal of the current crop of rally cars, IMHO.

They are running a GT class next year for 911 and the like.

• Like 1

Will it be televised? This is good news. Sometimes the spectacle that a motorsport series will provide, and the viewer attendance and therefore sponsor interest, seem to be very low down in the priority of the various series controllers. Or am I wide of the mark and just viewing things through rose-tinted glasses?

Francois Delecour taking care of le business at WRC France...

Not a bad showing, considering the car's more than 100bhp down on its road going cousin thanks to stupid restrictor plates...

Edited by trident_special
  • Like 1