Much Noise, Many Turbo, Wow.

trident_special

Hmm, I wonder if my old Spitfire would be eligible for something? Missing the talent is obviously not an issue!

Friend from college days, his old fella takes part in historic rallies with a Mk2 Spitfire (mate has a GT6), where you're against the clock, on road stages; rather than track(?)

Just checked the rules, it appears that It's mildly too modified as it currently stands with a big bore engine and Toyota gearbox, but that is easily fixable with the "spares" I have squirrelled away in the old man's shed.

It's also 225 kgs above the minimum weight, definitely fixable though, by taking all of the creature comforts out of it sucha s subs, amplifier, sound deadening, leather seats.

I just need to work out how I can campaign a car, a yacht and an 1890's wooden dinghy at the same time whilst also having a small child and working away.

Piece of cake!

Nice lap , very well set-up car. Strange lines in a few places, but make sense if you've ever driven on those tyres.

The lines were a bit fruity. I'm more interested in him clutching the overdrive in and out. I just flip the switch and forget about it on the MG, probably different systems mind you...

• 1 month later...

Brakes? Why do you need brakes?

http://youtu.be/t3ppTh3TYtA?t=6m29s

Great video, and some handy driving.

That race was carnage, the amount of fucked cars in the paddock afterwards was depressing.

Found this Gem the other day.

Edited by Superdunc

• 2 weeks later...

How there wasn't splintered carbon and a storm of expletives I'll never know!

Analogue perfection.

• 2 weeks later...

Bridge to Gantry @ 7mins 30 secs, in the wet.

THAT FUCKING NOISE

Don't quite know if Mr. Bell was out of shape or just having a bit of a crisis...

Fuck yeah. God, do I miss that sort of noise at Le Mans now. Whilst the LMP1's are amazing bits of tech, the sheer presence of these and the original Panoz ripping the night apart was something to behold.

• 3 weeks later...