Britains wierdest bike shop?

Andy J

On 11/1/2022 at 8:07 AM, Andy J said:

Paid another visit today. Some more nice stock in there. Chatting with Ben he said they have 154 bikes in stock!

I had a VJ22 exactly the same as the one in the pic. The MHR was particularly lovely.20221031_170416.jpg.3ecd0d1d6bae5cd6a4d1441f8bee5e81.jpg20221031_170403.jpg.ef1230e1fa1286bf5ade8c3e2b278bb9.jpg

Love the Hailwood rep.

• 2 weeks later...

Popped in there today for a look around, it's a fairly cool place.

The Esprit is reasonably tidy, but it's clearly had a repaint at some point and a number of the area of the car are covered in microblisters.

Some very nice metal there throughout the shop. There's a couple of Ducati's there that would be on the lottery win list, The 70's 900ss in the Black and Gold is really something - £30k is a lot of wedge though.

• 11 months later...
2 hours ago, theo said:

Thought and prayers, thoughts and prayers.

What wrong with Sudbury? Traffic aside, which is an absolute nightmare i think its a lovely rural town. Having lived very close to Bishops Stortford and Harlow (lovingly known as Beirut!) Sudbury is a rural idyll. The only problem with Sudbury is one that affects many towns now, the high street is all but dead. Coffee shops, bookies, charity shops and hairdressers abound but fuck all else.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Andy J said:

The only problem with Sudbury is one that affects many towns now, the high street is all but dead. Coffee shops, bookies, charity shops and hairdressers abound but fuck all else.

Our dependence on cars has been a major killer of traditional town centres. We all drive to out-of-town retail areas, now. 

This isn't necessarily a bad thing for town centres (car dependence pushed on us is shit, though) as with regeneration, they could be sympathetically developed into quality residential areas, with walking, cycling and minimal car use making them quiet areas to get a coffee and a haircut. 

With people actually living there and walking around, perhaps it would attract other businesses, too. Maybe a bakers, green grocers, butchers, a chemist. The possibilities are endless! 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Popped in again today as i want some new riding pants (trousers!) so Ben is going to get a couple of sizes in for me to try out. Just to say he will match any online price and is happy to do a deal. He has loads of stuff in stock if you dont want to wait too.

Anyway,  while i was there i saw this early GSXR400. Not sure of the exact model but its an early beam frame twin pipe model.  Says GSXRR on the tail. Not seen one in those colours either, usually blue/white or black/red. Yet again for this shop, just nice to see something different. 

20240202_143007 (1).jpg

Edited by Andy J
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Popped in again today as i want some new riding pants (trousers!) so Ben is going to get a couple of sizes in for me to try out. Just to say he will match any online price and is happy to do a deal. He has loads of stuff in stock if you dont want to wait too.

Anyway,  while i was there i saw this early GSXR400. Not sure of the exact model but its an early beam frame twin pipe model.  Says GSXRR on the tail. Not seen one in those colours either, usually blue/white or black/red. Yet again for this shop, just nice to see something different. 

20240202_143007 (1).jpg

Not seen those colours before, my example is just a dark gunmetal. I got mine complete for £200, with the usual carbs issue 😂

On 2/2/2024 at 6:13 PM, misfit said:

Not seen those colours before, my example is just a dark gunmetal. I got mine complete for £200, with the usual carbs issue 😂

I don’t think I have ever ridden a GSXR400 that didn’t have some form of carb issue! (& I have ridden a few!)… Bloody things

• Like 1