Britains wierdest bike shop?

Andy J

1 hour ago, Elohesra said:

But I wonder what hoover they're using to get round that showroom?

Uses tubes off a zxr, I bet.

• Haha 1

The chap who owns it is a bloke we (mate and I) do quite a bit of business with - last haul included a knackered Unimog and a Sierra sapphire (2000e if you’re wondering). That Dalek is older than Noah’s dog, every time he sees my mate he tries to sell it to him. 

His home garage is something else - he’s got an Evo2 Integrale that’s been stood for years - absolutely no interest in selling it whatsoever..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trident_special said:

That place looks amazing, it’s got some awesome stock. Definitely worth a visit. Not for the food though. That burger? Jesus…

Thats why i think its the weirdest bike shop. Bikes from old brit iron to a 2019 MV Brutale and everything in between. 

One of my faves is a genuine RD350N1. In black with the red RD on the tank. I had a 125LC in the same colours. My first brand new bike.

Theyve even got a Honda X-11. Only the second one ive ever seen. A naked Blackbird i think, before nakeds were a thing.

To be fair, when you get up close a lot of the stuff is tatty but theres some real gems in there too. Next time im there i will take some more pics.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, David W said:

The X-11 is a bike I always wanted to be much better than it was. The idea was great.

I liked the idea too but the Honda Bigbird was never that great and they dumbed the motor down for the X-11. Only ever ridden one many years back and it fixed me every wanting one.   Less horsepower, more vibes, poor suspension and odd brakes. It’s a good example of why Streetfighters were popular and not dumbed down naked bikes.  

Edited by Tony Nitrous

30 minutes ago, Tony Nitrous said:

I liked the idea too but the Honda Bigbird was never that great and they dumbed the motor down for the X-11. Only ever ridden one many years back and it fixed me every wanting one.   Less horsepower, more vibes, poor suspension and odd brakes. It’s a good example of why Streetfighters were popular and not dumbed down naked bikes.  

I think there’s a fundamental issue that the bike and all it’s plumbing was designed to be hidden behind a fairing too.

10 minutes ago, David W said:

I think there’s a fundamental issue that the bike and all it’s plumbing was designed to be hidden behind a fairing too.

For me it was more about the not great suspension on a boat of a bike, those linked brakes and a detuned motor without one of the balancers. The looks I could have lived with.

I’m not sure any of that was the reason it didn’t sell well, even the much better K1200RR and B-King weren’t huge successes. Supertanker nakeds never seem to set the world alight.  

Huggy's Speed Shop is one really cool place.. The place looks like a really retro American bike shop ethos. Everything is for sale and there is even a set of Percy Tait leathers and some really odd bits and pieces that are just cool to look at.. Its almost like a museum.. I should have got more photos of the inside but I spent 20 minutes just wandering round looking at so much stuff it was not what I expected and never got to take more than a couple photos.. 
ZxGBuTS.jpg
XRTB2Dk.jpg
OW9M724.jpg
IcE5jaG.jpg
QmRtsbs.jpg

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Gobert23 said:

Nah, it might be a Bimota, but it says 'db' on the tail (I'm assuming the rear of the Mantra was as bad as the front ;) )

Pretty sure it is a DB4.

WEAB Motors in Malton takes some beating for weirdness, in the best possible way. Will and his dad have some great stories and the place is full of some unusual stuff, like his home made V8 hot rod, his working pulse jet, another gas turbine jet, solid fuel rocket barbie car, plus a lot of vintage bikes and parts. 

The place looks like its been stirred up by a giant wooden spoon though but there's some gems in there, he only does repairs and mots - no sales. 

As for sales and food I quite like Jem Speedshop in Batley. 

Weirdest in a bad way is Barry Robson in York, a BMW dealer. What a miserable cu nt. 

Edited by tonk
Splellligng
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tonk said:

WEAB Motors in Malton takes some beating for weirdness, in the best possible way. Will and his dad have some great stories and the place is full of some unusual stuff, like his home made V8 hot rod, his working pulse jet, another gas turbine jet, solid fuel rocket barbie car, plus a lot of vintage bikes and parts. 

The place looks like its been stirred up by a giant wooden spoon though but there's some gems in there, he only does repairs and mots - no sales. 

As for sales and food I quite like Jem Speedshop in Batley. 

Weirdest in a bad way is Barry Robson in York, a BMW dealer. What a miserable cu nt. 

Geoff westerbys on canal road in Bradford. When old man was about you could guarantee it would kick off at some point. Bit less now Geoff not about but still strange disconnect going on with customers. Handy for mots or only. 

On 8/12/2022 at 3:10 PM, Elohesra said:

Looks great, might have to take a weekend ride over there.

I'd bloody love that RD400.

you would until you went out on it one day, heard a high pitched squealing noise, and then realised the Main Bearings where spinning in the crackcases...

Like mine did.

• Haha 1

Had another visit today. Yet more bikes in there,  its rammed solid.

A lovely 10k mile VF1000R

20220819_134143.jpg.9d027afe3cfd4545ff2560d86deb1e4c.jpg

A Truimph of some description.  Looked nice for what it was.

20220819_134211.jpg.23abc57f544350fea3a5487fd7098002.jpg

A better pic of the Bimota DB4

20220819_134122.jpg.dd638f65b6f6da9196ec42a230b8ffc1.jpg

20220819_134105.jpg.37f9c8f749c7acb4a076d6ac7f818ef1.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Andy J said:

A couple more new arrivals on their FB page. The 900SS looks lovely. Looks like i will be heading down their again soon!

20220823_203606.jpg

Is that a Matrix in the background or a 748/998 with black fairings?

21 minutes ago, Basil said:

Is that a Matrix in the background or a 748/998 with black fairings?

I’m guessing it’s the 916 slightly higher up the page, looks good though 😁

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, r1flyguy said:

I’m guessing it’s the 916 slightly higher up the page, looks good though 😁

I hadn't seen that; holy fuckballs that's expensive no?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Basil said:

I hadn't seen that; holy fuckballs that's expensive no?  

I would have to entirely agree!! I’m Interested to know why though???

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/24/2022 at 1:05 AM, r1flyguy said:

I would have to entirely agree!! I’m Interested to know why though???

Popped in yesterday and asked about the 916. Ben who runs the place reckons it's about £10k over priced but thats what his boss is asking for it. Seems he got sold a pup. He bought it as an unregistered carbon edition when in fact it was a stock 916 clothed in carbon bodywork with some shiny Ohlins sprinkled on it. And rather than zero miles unregistered it was a german import that hadnt been uk registered! Caveat emptor!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

Popped in yesterday and asked about the 916. Ben who runs the place reckons it's about £10k over priced but thats what his boss is asking for it. Seems he got sold a pup. He bought it as an unregistered carbon edition when in fact it was a stock 916 clothed in carbon bodywork with some shiny Ohlins sprinkled on it. And rather than zero miles unregistered it was a german import that hadnt been uk registered! Caveat emptor!

Ouch! Got spanked on that then! Not sure anyone will pay the ‘wanted’ price!

I have a 2009 ZX10R with circa £7k extras fitted, trade in price is £5k 🤣 with the usual salesman BS that modifications don’t help with resale!! Odd that 🤪 (but only when trying to trade in, apparently)

• 1 month later...

Paid another visit today. Some more nice stock in there. Chatting with Ben he said they have 154 bikes in stock!

I had a VJ22 exactly the same as the one in the pic. The MHR was particularly lovely.20221031_170416.jpg.3ecd0d1d6bae5cd6a4d1441f8bee5e81.jpg20221031_170403.jpg.ef1230e1fa1286bf5ade8c3e2b278bb9.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Paid another visit today. Some more nice stock in there. Chatting with Ben he said they have 154 bikes in stock!

I had a VJ22 exactly the same as the one in the pic. The MHR was particularly lovely.20221031_170416.jpg.3ecd0d1d6bae5cd6a4d1441f8bee5e81.jpg

The black mirrors on the one behind it are making my teeth itch!  :huh:

And surely this is more LDU category than £1,495 ?

https://tttmotorcyclevillage.co.uk/bikes/ols/products/suzuki-gsf600-bandit

16 hours ago, Pat said:

The black mirrors on the one behind it are making my teeth itch!  :huh:

And surely this is more LDU category than £1,495 ?

https://tttmotorcyclevillage.co.uk/bikes/ols/products/suzuki-gsf600-bandit

The mirrors are the least of its worries. The black forks and frame are hideous. And it is not a real Pepsi.