LDU 2022 - Who's up for it?

IforB

3 hours ago, EXUPDEL said:

Just be ready for the abuse from the vfr haters

As a non-convert to the Church Of the VFR, I quite like the grey tatty thing. 

I'd need to sort different bars though. Weirdly, as a bike touted as the everything bike for every man, I can never get comfortable on them. 

• Like 1

I can see me bugging the wife to use her Facebook over the next couple of years to look at marketplace. 

I'm not going to lower myself to actually signing up to the shit again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, jaycee said:

As a non-convert to the Church Of the VFR, I quite like the grey tatty thing. 

I'd need to sort different bars though. Weirdly, as a bike touted as the everything bike for every man, I can never get comfortable on them. 

Agreed, it's a comfy bike, but I am exactly same. I tried those little raisers you pop in place, but it made little difference on my old one

I do think in my case, better placed footrests would have helped me overall.. 

• Like 1

It was painful at times and the midgie that got up my left ear didn't help from the ferry to Inverness but I'm up for it again. Great bunch of lads FB_IMG_1624554196493.jpg.f18bd3db6d9f5b2534b3bccfd031712d.jpg

• Like 8

It's something I'd like to have a go at next year, it seems like complete madness with a sprinkling of fun, so I'll start the hunt for a steed.

Right then, I have found a 600 revere, near Cambridge and have got it down to £300 as I mentioned what it's for,, from 400, 

I have his number, its just run out of mot recently and needs a tyre, torn seat, no rear seat panels, but it's otherwise bangon and perfect fodder that will laugh at ldu22 distances,,,,

was bought as a project and wants it gone.. I can't get my local bike pick guy for atleast a week,, which will cost me a £100, which may not be quick enough,, so would.anyone else who is a lot more local want it if I can't sort anything out in time?  

• Like 1

The revere isn't as it seems, after an mot check and current owner doesn't realise.ice genuine chap who likes the old shaft drive and potters about around his village on it to get the paper 😉

Had an engine swap from when we'll over 80k, but without seeing this one on the rest of it, I ain't as keen..so if anyone wants it, he will sell it for £300 if you mention the charity ride side of it👍

https://www.gumtree.com/p/honda-motorbikes/1989-honda-revere/1408818520

It does actually have all its bodywork BTW, just not fully clothed, needs a rear tyre and possibly fork seals, .. So it's actually a really cheap hack for someone local.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phlik said:

For any of you Southern folk to take a gander at

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/521235149072724/

Edit: easy one to slip through under budget too, "make the receipt out for £100 please, now, the £400 charitable 'donation', would you like that in cash or biscuits?"

Gone,, not surprisingly.. Very nice bike.. 

Will definitely be back next year.

I felt really bad about using the Beemer this year but an oil leak from the back of the engine over 2500 miles would of mentally fried my brain at best and worst case have been very painful so in the name of safety I used the Beemer and it was really the perfect bike for the trip.

As others have said it was cold North of Inverness and my wife still reminds me that I was the one who said "what do I need my heated jacket for" TWAT!

Getting off the ferry and running up through the hills was all of the awesome and was a great run with @EXUPDEL @BenGillway and Paul (not on here). We caught Ifor up on the last run out to JoG and all road in together, it was absolutely epic.

Decided to hit the A9 as I need to be back to get ready for the ABR Festival 2 days later so dialled in the Cruise control and just passed the miles to Perth and Edingburgh where we hit the A68 down to Scotch Corner.  Haven't heard from the Camera van yet so fingers crossed.

But next year, hell yeah!

The ABR Festival (already booked for next year) is the 24th but the misses says I have to do it again and she can pick up the van and get it loaded etc, etc.

Bring it on!

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Herr V. said:

<snip>Haven't heard from the Camera van yet so fingers crossed.<snip>

As others have said to me in the past, if it doesn't land within a few days then it's unlikely to land at all, all automated innit.

Ok, it looks like I have a bike for LDC22.

Conversations have been had, arrangements will be made for its collection and payment, and then I'll be rolling up my sleeves to fix it up.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, heds954 said:

Ok, it looks like I have a bike for LDC22.

Conversations have been had, arrangements will be made for its collection and payment, and then I'll be rolling up my sleeves to fix it up.

I hope you've managed to buy less of a shed than I have

Just now, jaycee said:

I hope you've managed to buy less of a shed than I have

Well, I haven't bought it, yet. However, this is / was a long term project by an engineer, who has rebuilt most of the bike from the ground up, but due to a hand injury, has had to let his bikes go. It's not without its niggles, it doesn't start, even though it has fuel and a spark, so I need to go through the fuelling and perhaps check the leccy, and it needs a new chain and sprockets. The main suspect is not having the carb (yup, it's a big thumper) cleaned properly (ie ultrasonically). Other than that, it's complete, had some choice upgrades and should do the job in some comfort (which is the main thing).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, heds954 said:

Well, I haven't bought it, yet. However, this is / was a long term project by an engineer, who has rebuilt most of the bike from the ground up, but due to a hand injury, has had to let his bikes go. It's not without its niggles, it doesn't start, even though it has fuel and a spark, so I need to go through the fuelling and perhaps check the leccy, and it needs a new chain and sprockets. The main suspect is not having the carb (yup, it's a big thumper) cleaned properly (ie ultrasonically). Other than that, it's complete, had some choice upgrades and should do the job in some comfort (which is the main thing).

I'm intrigued! 

@johnnymack63

my apologies for tagging you, but in regards to next year, may i formally register my interest? do you have a guide on the budget etc so I know how to approach this promising money pit..

20210702_190918

Thankyou :D

• Like 6

1 hour ago, hylar1000 said:

@johnnymack63

my apologies for tagging you, but in regards to next year, may i formally register my interest? do you have a guide on the budget etc so I know how to approach this promising money pit..

20210702_190918

I usually open the book for people to register interest on 21st Dec.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, johnnymack63 said:

I usually open the book for people to register interest on 21st Dec.

So is it too early to book a spot for 2024 then? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, hylar1000 said:

@johnnymack63

20210702_190918

I would say you are well and truly fucked entering the spirit of the event with this so crack on good sir :icon_salut:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Phlik said:

I missed out on this

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3794636897313300/

I'm currently sulking...:(

mmmmm.....not sure "missed out" shouldn't be "lucky escape"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hylar1000 said:

mmmmm.....not sure "missed out" shouldn't be "lucky escape"

What?! It's marvelous, and would give me an excuse for tassels and assless chaps :tacheemoticonwh7:

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Phlik said:

What?! It's marvelous, and would give me an excuse for tassels and assless chaps :tacheemoticonwh7:

You need an excuse, because? :huh:

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...