Moar Jigsaw

hawkati

...and here it is. And here it stays. The wiring loom is rotten to the core and no amount of swapping wires and items makes any difference. Am completely out of time now since mum's in for a gallstone operation and I'll be on standby regarding that until Wednesday when my brother takes over. Been kindly offered a grom which would be great fun but I can't even take time out to collect, and I've form for wrecking other people's bikes so I'll take the 996, the croc and the ridicule. 

I'll prep the 996 including fitting Michelin road 2 tyres courtesy of Simonb (I've only race scrubs that won't last)- huge thanks to him! 

Catch y'all at one end or the other.  I'm bloody gutted, but plotting summat constructive for this bike still.

2019-06-15_02-15-26

Edited by hawkati
  • Sad 5

That croc's getting filled with more than fresh air....

I've never failed to fix a bike before, but there's no time left to tit about with it, and I now have more dastardly plans afoot for this.

As for tyres, since god doesn't like me much this week, another first is failing to seat a tyre at a garage pump. That's five attempts at two garages. Bollocks - probably since the Mich road 2's I'm bunging on the 996 have concrete carcasses. That'll be me seeking out a workshop tomorrow.

gent, fack, gnash.

22 hours ago, hawkati said:

That croc's getting filled with more than fresh air....

I've never failed to fix a bike before, but there's no time left to tit about with it, and I now have more dastardly plans afoot for this.

As for tyres, since god doesn't like me much this week, another first is failing to seat a tyre at a garage pump. That's five attempts at two garages. Bollocks - probably since the Mich road 2's I'm bunging on the 996 have concrete carcasses. That'll be me seeking out a workshop tomorrow.

gent, fack, gnash.

Take the valve core out and put a strap around the circumference of the wheel.

38 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

Take the valve core out and put a strap around the circumference of the wheel.

Doneded. Always take valve cores out. Took tyre back off again, cleaned wheel up and used proper tyre gunk rather than washing up liquid. No problem!:D

Gutted for you Mr Hawkati

If you use the 996 I expect you to either take a plug out and run it as 500 single or set a new outright record for the event.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Herr V. said:

Gutted for you Mr Hawkati

If you use the 996 I expect you to either take a plug out and run it as 500 single or set a new outright record for the event.

Neither! A voluntary max of 87mph due to lowered gearing rinsing my wallet methinks- add the drag coefficient of croc and I'm pretty fucked really. Wibble!

I don't know who to feel more sorry for, you or the croc!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have to say, the thought of doing over a 1000 miles on a 996 fills me with far more fear than doing that on a £300 shitter with a comfy seat!

In this case, the Croc might actually be a help...

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, IforB said:

I have to say, the thought of doing over a 1000 miles on a 996 fills me with far more fear than doing that on a £300 shitter with a comfy seat!

In this case, the Croc might actually be a help...

@coppersaucepipe sat on the croc when he did it with his yzf750. I don't think he appreciated how much it would wobble wobble during cornering....erk.

I know what I'm in for, since the 996 has an almost identical riding position to the exup I rode, and that fucking crucified me. Double erk.