Moar Jigsaw

hawkati

I bunged this up in the projects section for no good reason whatsoever, but since I mainly bought this for LDD then here it is - over budget already but officially in the spirit of the event. Offsetting that by selling a few bits to bring total cost down.

Feel free to inflict advice, ridicule and larfter in this general direction...

• Like 2

On 3/2/2019 at 4:29 PM, fastfreddybikes said:

Does it involve hammers and extension bars? 

Hell yeah! But subtlety like lathes and, er, um, angle grinders too....:ph34r:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Other stuff has been done but today I are mostly admitting I lost a battle with a clutch cable. No matter what I did, the fucking thing wouldn't fit.

I have a cunning plan involving a bigger hammer and probably cheese.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Meanwhile  it's all about the rear end....

....as in getting that blade wheel to fit, make sure it's aligned correctly, blahdeblah.

Sofa so good and sorted mounting the rear brake as well - pads in and hose & fresh fluid next. Sprayed rear sprocket black, because  I could.

Reasonably happy with that.

2019-04-03_07-22-06

Edited by hawkati
Pic

3 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

What does it run like?

Who fucking knows yet?! All the titting about with other stuff has been me not getting around to making the steam runs widdershins in the loom so it fires up. I've a clear 4 more days off work so if I can just get the rest of my life to buggeroff then there's a chance of getting it going properly. 

Edit to add - ancient monitor works fine as a jack, rifle does a good job of fucking off crows. 

Edited by hawkati
Moar
  • Like 1

Mutter grumble arse feck bleat cock... 

...no sparxess yet, but at the fuel pump is, er, pumping....

.....and that's all so far. Fack!

But giving it a withering stare for a while has helped, as has fitting a clutch cable and rear brake hose. 

But I want sparks, dammit!

2019-04-10_05-00-23

Some kind of slow progress. Bypassed ignition and got engine turning over but there's no sparksess yet. Still, a bit happy that it's getting there....

2019-04-15_07-54-06

2 hours ago, hawkati said:

Some kind of slow progress. Bypassed ignition and got engine turning over but there's no sparksess yet. Still, a bit happy that it's getting there....

2019-04-15_07-54-06

Come on Mr.

You can do it.

18 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

Come on Mr.

You can do it.

I certainly can. Probably starting with junking that shite ignition barrel. It's horrible and has to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmmm.....not such good progress today. New brake pads arrived - EBC hh pads- very good indeed on the hawk, and they're effectively the same calipers.

Except these ones are solid. Takes ages to get the pistols shifting,  and all ambitions of getting them bled properly failed when one of the bleed nipples snapped off despite muchos plus gas lubing. Cock.

Nevermind,  onwards & downwards....

2019-04-30_08-47-25

3 hours ago, hawkati said:

Hmmmmm.....not such good progress today. New brake pads arrived - EBC hh pads- very good indeed on the hawk, and they're effectively the same calipers.

Except these ones are solid. Takes ages to get the pistols shifting,  and all ambitions of getting them bled properly failed when one of the bleed nipples snapped off despite muchos plus gas lubing. Cock.

Nevermind,  onwards & downwards....

2019-04-30_08-47-25

Have you considered smacking the shit out of it with something heavy?

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Swarf said:

You going with a blade wheel then?? 

it would appear so. Whilst it's a comedy size for the power this thing will produce, there's not really much downside. I've a 5.5 inch viffer rear on the hawk and that's just peachy on road and track.

More to the point, a bit of a lateral shift in thinking has me considering this as a track tool rather than lunch the 996/forthcming 1198s into the kitty litter. Rough measuring has a blade 959 engine able to slot into the frame so why the hell not get the rear sorted in anticipation of that eh?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, blow_away said:

Haven't you got a Hawkati to finish first? :icon_blackeye:

Shutupshutupshutupshutup!:eusa_wall:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hawkati said:

Shutupshutupshutupshutup!:eusa_wall:

How far off from running is it?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

How far off from running is it?

What? The hawkati? It's that 

Far.

4 minutes ago, hawkati said:

What? The hawkati? It's that 

Far.

No the 6/4

Just now, Thunderbolt said:

No the 6/4

Ah - main issue is the train wreck of the wiring loom. It'll turn over if I bypass the ignition but won't spark. I'm looking at two clear days to nail that. After the engine is running the rest of leccy is dead easy. Turning a 3mm hardened steel spacer, and just sorting the front brakes are the other issues. Everything else should just be assembly,  give or take a bit of hammering to fit. Ideally I'd  have it running end of may so I can iron out issues well before the event.

• Like 2

It's jerez motogp today, and what better to kick back, have a drink & a bite, watch....

....and crack on with a bit of bike sorting, by braille whilst doing so. Therefore the tank gets sone unwelcome attention. The cap is seized solid so it gets bludgeoned off with screwdriver. I have a replacement cap, fret ye notte. 

Inside it's horrible- acres of rust. So it's old skool sorting- thrown in a bag of marbles and shake till yer arms drop off. Five minutes  if rest and repeat as necessary. Hoover flakes out....and repeat...and repeat...and repeat...

2019-05-05_12-40-27

• 2 weeks later...

More on the damn tank. It's horrible and rust is peeling up on the outside as well so it's down the the metal to check for pinholes etc. Nitromors is slowly doing the job so deploying a wire brush drill thang for maximum harm. Tempted to get it real shiney and lacquer it.

2019-05-14_03-13-57

2019-05-16_04-26-25

Edited by hawkati
Added pikkr
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Back brake finally sorted. Pumped nine million litres of fluid through it with never ending bubbles till I realised the master cylinder was fukkrred. Replaced with one from the hawkati - poor thing has been such a doner bike in recent years.

Pic once Flickr stops being facked as well!:D

10 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

Is it running?

Not a chance yet. I need to just shut off the outside world and go at it till it begs to fire up. The gent. 

1 hour ago, hawkati said:

Not a chance yet. I need to just shut off the outside world and go at it till it begs to fire up. The gent. 

Keep at it.

• Haha 1