An introduction

JustPhil

Hi, I'm new to the forum,  keen to get involved in the LDU community,  I'm hoping to get a place for next year, to which end I've just bought a gpz500s from another forum member/2023 challenge rider, Dave aka evilspike ( I think that's what he said?) 

Anyway, I'm going to spend some time mooching about here,see what's up, and if it's appropriate will come down to lands end this year to cheer you on your way, and offer any assistance I can to the organisers. I don't live far away from Land end.

Thanks for having me!

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, JustPhil said:

Hi, I'm new to the forum,  keen to get involved in the LDU community,  I'm hoping to get a place for next year, to which end I've just bought a gpz500s from another forum member/2023 challenge rider, Dave aka evilspike ( I think that's what he said?) 

Anyway, I'm going to spend some time mooching about here,see what's up, and if it's appropriate will come down to lands end this year to cheer you on your way, and offer any assistance I can to the organisers. I don't live far away from Land end.

Thanks for having me!

Dear Phil, you may not be aware of the initiation ritual required before anyone is allowed to take part. Pm me your address and I’ll hot foot it down to yours in the forum murder van so we can enjoy the initiation procedure together. You don’t have any allergies or intolerances I should be made aware of?

yours, a well wisher 

• Haha 8

1 minute ago, JustPhil said:

Ooh, can't wait, do you bring the coke and hookers, or is that on me?

(He said, trying desperately to fit in with his new cool mates)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, JustPhil said:

Barry is that you? I can here the unmistakable sound of umpalumpas warming up in the background ready for the afternoon matinee performance. 

24 minutes ago, JustPhil said:

For the initiation?

You've obviously misheard, it's cake & truckers.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pat said:

For the initiation?

DO NOT Google trucker cake

@JustPhil - welcome to, well, here & ldc. They're both awesome things.

Ignore the others - ive got the only murdervan in the village 

20240402_104719

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, hawkati said:

@JustPhil - welcome to, well, here & ldc. They're both awesome things.

Ignore the others - ive got the only murdervan in the village 

20240402_104719

More mixed dna in there than a hull undertakers. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, outkast said:

Got any Monster Munch?

Er, lost me there I'm afraid, is it a drug reference? I'm actually not down with the drugs speak, I only mentioned the coke thing cos that's what I was reliably informed is a running joke here.  Remember what happened to Zamo Mcguire? I do, just say no kids.

If you're actually asking for monster munch I'm sure I could help.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JustPhil said:

If you're actually asking for monster munch I'm sure I could help.

They are. Your choice of flavour is quite important when offering half a dozen bags of the stuff in exchange for a nearly new R1 or S1000rr someone is selling.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Re monster munch, this statement may get me thrown off the forum before I've got settled in, but surely only a crazy person would consider anything other than pickled onion?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Also I must say how pleased I am no one has actually mentioned motorbikes, tbh I don't actually know shit about them.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JustPhil said:

but surely only a crazy person would consider anything other than pickled onion?

You see, I told you he's one of us.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JustPhil said:

Also I must say how pleased I am no one has actually mentioned motorbikes, tbh I don't actually know shit about them.

There's fuck all about riding bikes on here, it's better than Mumsnet for engineering stuff so that's cool.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pat said:

For the initiation?

Not true.

It's cock and dockers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CMSMJ1 said:

Welcome @JustPhil

It's a strange place, but wholesome

Good to have you and great that you've taken on the GPZ of LDU joy

"Wholesome"???

I must be locked out of that part of the forum.

Welcome @JustPhil. A few of us have done the Longest Day, some more than once. Then there is @hawkati, who I think has only missed out on riding one of them!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustPhil said:

Oh, you'll fit right in then!

3 minutes ago, jaycee said:

"Wholesome"???

I must be locked out of that part of the forum.

Welcome @JustPhil. A few of us have done the Longest Day, some more than once. Then there is @hawkati, who I think has only missed out on riding one of them!

Yeah, nah, it's happened 11 times and I've done it 7 times. Every time it fucks you up mentally & physically yet is incredibly compulsive & joyous. Every time I do it I swear I'll never do it again, then someone else I care about dies so I sign up again.

What can I say? Sponsor me you gents!🤪

https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/james-serjeant-2024

• Like 2

20 hours ago, JustPhil said:

we know - you bought a GPZ500

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Gix said:

we know - you bought a GPZ500

Hey...not just any gpz500.  This gpz is a goddamm money raising, cancer arse kicking legend.

@JustPhil welcome to the forum. I was the previous custodian of the gpz before Spike so if there is anything you need to know about prior to Spikes time with it, drop me a line.  I actually found an unused set of pads for it at the back of the shed just the other day. If you want them, shout up and I'll wang them down your way.

Now most importantly, what's you stance on anteaters and your preference in soup?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, B1257 said:

Now most importantly, what's you stance on anteaters and your preference in soup?

I'll have to get back to you on anteater once I've researched the forum for the appropriate response, but as a knee jerk response, pretty freaky animal, useful lounge skills.

Soup I can definitively say leek and potato, pea and ham, mulligatawny, oxtail, in that order of preference.

Cream of mushroom can fuck off.

• Like 1

Oh, and thanks for backing me up on the gpz, I've not even ridden it yet and was ready to leap to its (her?) defence, I'm already quite proud to be the new custodian of such an heroic steed.

3 minutes ago, JustPhil said:

Oh, and thanks for backing me up on the gpz, I've not even ridden it yet and was ready to leap to its (her?) defence, I'm already quite proud to be the new custodian of such an heroic steed.

Yeah it's a good old steed that more or less knows its way up to JO'G blindfolded now.