Magnesium wheels

Gix

Just now, heds954 said:

No, not on mine. I was tempted, especially after reading that mag article on the ultimate 954 (built by the owner of HPS - I still have that article somewhere), that had BST's on it. Yeah, the bike is flighty, but it's a case of checking the usual suspects, head bearings, tyre pressures etc, and when all else fails, get a GPR damper. TBH the 954 being flighty was the best part for me (I just needed to temper it a little with the damper).

Yeah, I like a bike to be a bit flighty, Changing to taper head bearings this weekend and got a sprint damper at mo

2 minutes ago, Gix said:

Yeah, I like a bike to be a bit flighty, Changing to taper head bearings this weekend and got a sprint damper at mo

Taper head bearings are soooo much better. I put them on my 954. So much easier to get in and to adjust. I tells ya, GPR damper FTMFW!  \o/

1 hour ago, heds954 said:

Taper head bearings are soooo much better. I put them on my 954. So much easier to get in and to adjust. I tells ya, GPR damper FTMFW!  \o/

20_2d30e059-dd01-4d24-8b5c-beb5a344f24b_

I'm not a fan of those dampers, getting the key in and out becomes a real faff!

1 hour ago, ilovetzr250s said:

I'm not a fan of those dampers, getting the key in and out becomes a real faff!

Depends on the bike and how / where the fitting kit attaches to the bike. I had one on my 954 (well, two, as I upgraded to a later version), and have a v4 on my 600rr, and had no issue with either.

Edited by heds954

On 3/9/2024 at 2:25 PM, heds954 said:

Oh, ohhh, have you, 'Done a @flange*'? :D 

*Definition: verb - as in, bought something for a bike, without checking if it fits, hence, "Oh, no, I've gone and done a @flange!"

;) 

I'm not sure where you've got this impression of me from, but it's highly(painfully) accurate...

• Haha 1