LDC 2024

johnnymack63

1 hour ago, Ray Von said:

We were the pirates of Penzance that day mate. 

And Colin bless him, in the sag wagon making brews when we arrived, never forget that. 

He was excellent - always welcoming and taking to fizz out of riders who were majorly stressed after the event. A real classic. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rick448 said:

Out of interest, what is the normal situation regarding getting there and back? Do any participants van bikes back and forth, or is the actual hardest challenge after the completion? Asking for a friend....

I rode down to Lands End the day before the ride then rode back to NE England the day after.

Let's just say I wouldn't do it that way again. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, B1257 said:

I rode down to Lands End the day before the ride then rode back to NE England the day after.

Let's just say I wouldn't do it that way again. 🤣

Thanks for that. That’s why I asked. I have limited holidays (based on family commitments) and I would like to do this event, I just wonder if we can arrange sone mutual bike transport which makes the event the priority, rather than the peripheral part of it. If I could afford 4 days of leave it wouldn’t be a problem. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jaycee said:

Great idea, the north coast can be quite beautiful if the weather is right too. You're stuck on a rig 300 miles from home and all you see are seals and rough neck arse cracks and you're day 5 into a 3 month shift! 

Fixerated :eusa_whistle:

• Haha 2

On 12/22/2023 at 10:37 PM, Rick448 said:

Out of interest, what is the normal situation regarding getting there and back? Do any participants van bikes back and forth, or is the actual hardest challenge after the completion? Asking for a friend....

I rode to lands end on the Sunday,  did the ride on the Monday and got into bed at 5am on the Tuesday,  got up at 7.30am and was on the bike again by 8.30am and rode all the way back to Bristol with just fuels stops .

It was too much if I'm honest . Give yourself a break before you ride back .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/24/2023 at 11:01 AM, jaycee said:

Great idea, the north coast can be quite beautiful if the weather is right too.

Now the Christmas Holly tumbleweed is blowing around a bit has anyone heard from the chief ?

5 hours ago, cuban pete said:

Now the Christmas Holly tumbleweed is blowing around a bit has anyone heard from the chief ?

He's been getting pally with the old red nosed bastard who used bribe football referees* 

*Speculation**

**My arse.

26 minutes ago, cuban pete said:

Everything's all good and spoken to the Captain .

Hopefully going to break out the hammers in the new year .

Ah crap, they let him in!😱

It's hammertime all the time isn't it? Velkomm aboard.

15 minutes ago, hawkati said:

Ah crap, they let him in!😱

It's hammertime all the time isn't it? Velkomm aboard.

This one is one of my dumber ideas.

Which meant I was in 😁

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, cuban pete said:

This one is one of my dumber ideas.

Which meant I was in 😁

Probably made under the influence of stepping in a cat poop and quaffing pints of cointreau...

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, jaycee said:

Are you planning to use that R1?

Oh I do think he does. It's a magnificent idea and so very much in the spirit of ldu. I mean, a 24 hour endurance bike, for a 24 hour ish endurance event? Make it so🤘

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is needing to source a bike, then I've just got just the ticket for you.

A multi-successful, mighty, mighty steed of epic Ossumness™ for much cheapness and only needing a few very minor tweaks to once again rampage the length and breath of this Sceptred Isle.*

*Accuracy of this information is not entirely guaranteed...

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I do need this to go to another good LDU home. I might be able to deliver it somewhere around the UK if that helps, or will merrily help in getting it couriered somewhere.

53006787574_df3585502c_b.jpg

Talk to me people / txt me babes xxx

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Mr @johnnymack63I have some questions based on the shit show that's been my life recently.

1. I've mentioned the K5 before. It's now thanked me by telling the CTEK to fuck off. So it needs a battery.

2. It decided it'd be great to head butt my classic car by falling off the stand. This has smashed off a mirror and needs some thought about turn signals for the MOT it hasn't had in years.

I'd like to donate to charity other than cancer because 3 of my family have recently died from the effects of Alzheimers, and stroke. Issue?

I'm getting a divorce. So will lose garaging and tools. Brilliant.

Can I still take part? 

• Sad 3

On 12/23/2023 at 4:38 PM, cuban pete said:

Tentative pm sent .

Myself and James have put down for it 

• Like 1