Superbike factory Bristol

cuban pete

Popped in at the weekend to have a mooch around.  Better than I was expecting tbh, really good range of stock, and it all looked clean and well presented.  Prices seemed about right too.  I’ve only ever bought new for the last 25-odd years, but reckon if I was in the market for a used bike I’d have a serious look there. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, cuban pete said:

Well.  She sold her first two bikes today and is chuffed . She's having a few gin and tonics to celebrate. 

I had better buckle up 🤣

Strap a plank to your back and pack a parachute...

On 2/20/2023 at 11:01 AM, cuban pete said:

5 minute commute from home and she gets staff discount on bikes. Rockridge

Friends and Family discount?

Went there this afternoon. Pretty decent selection of bikes, all nicely arranged into manufacturer areas. Looked to be doing decent business. Needs a better coffee machine and some heating. I’ll be going back when things warm up to buy something. 

• Like 1

On 2/24/2023 at 8:22 PM, cuban pete said:

Well.  She sold her first two bikes today and is chuffed . She's having a few gin and tonics to celebrate. 

I had better buckle up 🤣

Was your new Katana one of them?

6 minutes ago, marvin said:

Was your new Katana one of them?

No , the Kat came from another source .  Although the idea did come from sitting on one there . I

I liked the bike , buy it was the old silver or black conundrum.  Went for the silver in the end as it brings the lines out I think......but it was a close run thing .

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

I'm more concerned over people buying new bikes. Why would you do that, just find a 500-1,000 miler instead and save yourself a couple of thousand unless its 0% APR?

Buying new is the biggest waste of money for 99% of cases. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ja63p8Ja63p8 said:

I'm more concerned over people buying new bikes. Why would you do that, just find a 500-1,000 miler instead and save yourself a couple of thousand unless its 0% APR?

Many still do it for the latest plate to rag to their mates and most likely the only chance they will get to ride a virgin…. 🤣

Edited by srad34
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Ja63p8Ja63p8 said:

When I bought the Husqvarna, there were only a few second hand bikes available in the Netherlands. They were all but one more expensive than the new one I bought. Mileage on the used ones varied from 1800-8000km. 

The only bike cheaper than the new one, had 1800km's on it, and was 800 euros cheaper than the new one, but the new one had the Akrapovic exhaust (i wanted) fitted.

So it made no sense at all to go for a secondhand bike. 

The Triumph was not available second hand, and I just wanted it. Don't care about depreciation, I just love the bike :D

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, David W said:

Most people don’t even look at the price and only care about the monthly rentals.

That’s a really good point, I don’t think most consider the balloon payment either as it will get swapped at the end of the term to the latest, fastest, be winged trinket!

• Like 1

On 2/20/2023 at 11:01 AM, cuban pete said:

5 minute commute from home and she gets staff discount on bikes. Rockridge

Mr. @cuban pete

How did this pan out? They’ve two sales positions available at the moment and I need a job.

Have you got any useful information on what it’s like?

6 minutes ago, Doomkinder said:

Mr. @cuban pete

How did this pan out? They’ve two sales positions available at the moment and I need a job.

Have you got any useful information on what it’s like?

Drop me a pm if you like 😊

just to add to the "buying a new bike" vibe, i am / was in the same camp of buy something used and save money.
Honestly if i was buying something "normal" and not in constraint with some deals being done, i would take a 3 month old 500 mile bike saving 15 - 20% of new all day long - same with a car.

However the only bikes i have ever bought new were either a bit oddball or in constraint making it not viable, But i can see why people buy new as others have said the plate snobbery is quite a big part of it, also something new is just nice. no one else ridden it and plucked its virginity from your grasp. I think it gives you more of a mental bond with it. 
But in this day and age its all about the Monthlys - less and less people "own" a bike and rent it to hand it back for another new one. 
Sign of the times apart from a few oddballs or more affluent folk who are in a fortunate position to be able to buy a new one regardless - myself included with that 765RS recently that is currently taking root in my garage. 

• Like 3

Only ever bought two new bikes in the past. A 4xv R1 which I've still got and a 5PW R1 which, if it hadn't been nicked; I would still have also. 

I did think I'd never buy a new bike again but then XSR900GP :eusa_think: ;) 

Depreciation is only a thing if you sell it :) 

I'll likely buy outright but may consider finance options nearer the time. It'll be what suits me best though :) 

• Like 1

The only new one iv'e bought was a Honda TLR200, back in about 1980, from Bob Gollner in Denmead, paid £1,100, cant remember what i sold it for a couple of years later, probably about 6-7 hundred, now changing hands for double and more what i paid, funny old world.