Superbike factory Bristol

cuban pete

New bike emporium opened .

Nice to walk around some used bikes of all ages .

Not Fowlers....which can be a tad souless 

Liked a black katana

Not enough to buy it mind...

Overall....liked .

• Like 1

These guys seem to be taking over the used bike market. From what I understand, with not the best reputation, either. 

Every second used bike advertised in the usual places seems to be being sold by them.

It's the new dealership model that is   geared towards selling finance primarily and bikes are the way they do it.  Bit like cinch or cazoo etc .

The bikes were clean and well presented and the staff friendly , so that was alreet. 

I likes used bikes if I'm honest . New bikes in shiny show rooms bore me .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I visited the one at Donnington Park when I was trying to decide upon a newish modern bike last summer. It gave me the chance to check out all makes and then be able to shortlist. So I went with a vstrom 650 in mind, but just didn't like it and ended up going for an SV instead.

That was the only use I found for the place though. I had no intention of buying from them. I'm fussy, but most stuff I looked at wasn't in great shape, even though they were often just 2 years old. Shagged tyres, mini indicators, scratches, rusty chains. No/little history.  Massively underwhelmed by the quality, but seems to be a 'stack em high' business model that works. To be fair to them, they let you browse without badgering you.

I'm clearly just a fussy gent.

Edited by nobeard
  • Like 2

Places like this often have a hidden gem or too. Wouldn’t buy from this sort of dealer without giving the bike a good look see.

But meh as I prefer new bikes. Where the only ham fisted twat to have owned it is me. 

• Haha 1

mate of mine got a mt06 from them online about 2 years ago, not sure which branch, absolutely no issues whatsoever with the process, when they dropped the bike off he had time to look it over before accepting it.

only thing he noticed about 2 months after was he could have got a brand new one from the local yamaha dealer for lower per month.

3 hours ago, nobeard said:

I visited the one at Donnington Park when I was trying to decide upon a newish modern bike last summer. It gave me the chance to check out all makes and then be able to shortlist. So I went with a vstrom 650 in mind, but just didn't like it and ended up going for an SV instead.

That was the only use I found for the place though. I had no intention of buying from them. I'm fussy, but most stuff I looked at wasn't in great shape, even though they were often just 2 years old. Shagged tyres, mini indicators, scratches, rusty chains. No/little history.  Massively underwhelmed by the quality, but seems to be a 'stack em high' business model that works. To be fair to them, they let you browse without badgering you.

I live down the road from them, been in twice I think and your description of rough bikes is exactly what I was thinking both times, no effort been made to do anything to the bikes at all after dragging them out from the back of someones damp shed. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, bignige said:

I've not been yet but a friend described them as uncared for ex PCB bikes.

🙂

I touched base with them a couple of years ago when I was trying to sell the ZZR and buy a GT and didn't get a warm, fuzzy feeling. Agreed a deal, agreed a date only to phone up the day before to check we were good to go and be told they'd sold the bike I wanted......very much a Aldi/ Lidl / Tesco shopping model and the standard of the bikes varied a lot..... add "bikes other dealers might not want" to your friend's opinion and I don't think you are far wrong. Handy for a "quick sale if you are happy with their offer" in the same way as WBAC. 

4 hours ago, nobeard said:

May be not........... I'm not a "three year old bike must be mint" type but a lot of their stock didn't meet my personal standards.

33 minutes ago, bignige said:

I've not been yet but a friend described them as uncared for ex PCB bikes.

🙂

Motor bikes that take barbiturates?

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Tony Nitrous said:

Interesting reading…

https://au.trustpilot.com/review/superbikefactory.co.uk?stars=1

To be fair though, the store I bought my H2 and Busa from get some bad feed back, but they shift a huge amount of bikes. 

Reading those reviews and the second one, the salesman said the tyres were done so the buyer paid for new ones. WTF, why were they selling a bike that needed tyres and why did some chump pony up for new ones and buy it unseen ? 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, couchcommando said:

Reading those reviews and the second one, the salesman said the tyres were done so the buyer paid for new ones. WTF, why were they selling a bike that needed tyres and why did some chump pony up for new ones and buy it unseen ? 

I know folk on here are often a bit more passionate or knowledgeable about bikes, but reading those reviews there’s a lot of stuff that should have been red flags to a buyer if buying a used bike.    As you say, bikes with worn out tyres or rotten pipes should never get to the showroom, that’s Ebay cheap buys haggling stuff not a showroom floor. 

Haven’t been up to the Bristol store yet but will do for a mooch round as it’s not far from me.  Unlikely to ever buy from them though as not heard great things about them.  For the last 30-odd years I’ve always bought new as for me it’s worth it for the peace of mind it brings. Oh, wait…….😳

• Sad 2

20 minutes ago, aka_Gilo said:

Haven’t been up to the Bristol store yet but will do for a mooch round as it’s not far from me.  Unlikely to ever buy from them though as not heard great things about them.  For the last 30-odd years I’ve always bought new as for me it’s worth it for the peace of mind it brings. Oh, wait…….😳

What have you done with the naughty 790? 

9 minutes ago, marvin said:

What have you done with the naughty 790? 

Sold it to a dealer. Took a hit on the price, time of year didn't help, but couldn't find any enthusiasm to ride it after the issues I've had. Real shame. 

• Sad 7

1 minute ago, aka_Gilo said:

Sold it to a dealer. Took a hit on the price, time of year didn't help, but couldn't find any enthusiasm to ride it after the issues I've had. Real shame. 

Fuck. Between you and hawkati, you'd have no luck if it weren't for bad luck. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2023 at 4:48 PM, bignige said:

I've not been yet but a friend described them as uncared for ex PCP bikes.

🙂

These warehouse/supermarkets for cars and bikes are as far as I understand it the outlets where vehicles from the 'we buy any....' type places end up too.

They're getting them cheap and not really tidying them before flipping for a quick buck.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ZXRRDave said:

These warehouse/supermarkets for cars and bikes are as far as I understand it the outlets where vehicles from the 'we buy any....' type places end up too.

They're getting them cheap and not really tidying them before flipping for a quick buck.

Absolutly correct and spot on .

I sold my Hyper to them and they listed the things it needed. 

With in two days it was on the ebay website and it had had non of the jobs doing it needed which included a full service and a rear tyre that was poorly .

Maybe it was advertised and the jobs would be done before sale 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Tea said:

Absolutly correct and spot on .

I sold my Hyper to them and they listed the things it needed. 

With in two days it was on the ebay website and it had had non of the jobs doing it needed which included a full service and a rear tyre that was poorly .

Maybe it was advertised and the jobs would be done before sale 

I'm sure all defects were sorted before sale. Its the moral thing to do.

• Haha 4

• 1 month later...
On 1/14/2023 at 3:31 PM, marvin said:

But meh as I prefer new bikes. Where the only ham fisted twat to have owned it is me. 

You say that, but when your bike is in for service...

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Jenny Pryde said:

You say that, but when your bike is in for service...

Ha very true, the tech wallahs like getting my bikes in because they are hyper clean and much better than stock...