LDU 2023

johnnymack63

12 hours ago, svingel said:

If the entry fee has gone up, I'll up my donation as well. In for a penny, in for a €. Sorry. (Almost)

Just to clarify. The entry fee has only gone up for anyone wanting single occupation at the hotels. It's still £300 for anyone happy to share. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Big Si R1 said:

If anyone is after a bike I got a cbr 1000 I did ldu on last year. 

What inside leg measurement do you need to ride this successfully? Asking for a weasel faced charity bucket stealing not friend?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• 3 months later...

In just over a week and a bit 30 odd intrepid adventurers will embark on the trip of a lifetime. Supported by an amazing group of people and guided by the legend that is @johnnymack63 they shall be travelling from Lands End to John o'Groats in about 24 hours on shit heaps that cost less than £600.

Most of you are aware of this annual event. Unfortunately the associated banter now happens on what's app instead of the forum.

So for that reason I just want to shake the group begging bowl in the direction of the pb-evo massive in the hope that a few shekels can be prised from your hands for a great cause.

https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/unite/longest-day-up-2023

So far a magnificent £49k has been raised for cancer research. Its not enough. Please help if you can.

@johnnymack63 page is here

https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/john-mcavoy-23

It's as good a place as any to donate.

• Like 4

Big man told me last week, that in total, over the ten years, and including the total so far for 2023, LDC has raised approx £440,000.

Yep, you read correctly, the overall total is fast approaching half a million squid.

Edited by heds954
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...