LDU 2024 starts here

jaycee

Yes, 2024. I want to do it up the way, ten years after my first run down the way. 

So I picked this up tonight. He's had a lot of interest from folk down south, which surprised him. The I told him about the LDD/LDC and that I probably knew some of the interested parties😄

Anyway, without further ado, feast your eyes on something that is actually worse than that SV650 I brought back to life some years back... 

LDC 2024 bike

Yes, it's a Deauville 650.

In metallic beige.

It has sat outside for 4 or 5 years, near the West Coast and it looks it! 

The silencer has fallen off (I have it), someone has liberated the master cylinder, the key is snapped off in the ignition barrel, and the gear linkage is in one of the panniers, because it was potentially being adapted into a trike for a one-legged rider. 

I have a V5 and it will get SORNed as soon as it is in my name officially. 

I'm glad I've got three years to sort it, because I'm going to need the time! 

• Like 17
  • Haha 1

What size master cylinder do you need Jase? I think I've got a standard ZX10-R one somewhere, probably 5/8 or 16mm.

Anything bits shared from a Pan European let me know too, my buddy Jim (not Jumm) has a stash of Pan shite hanging around.

2 hours ago, blow_away said:

What size master cylinder do you need Jase? I think I've got a standard ZX10-R one somewhere, probably 5/8 or 16mm.

Anything bits shared from a Pan European let me know too, my buddy Jim (not Jumm) has a stash of Pan shite hanging around.

I don't know Al, I'll need to do my research. 

I think the calipers on the front are actually 2-pot sliders. I'll have a look later on when I get it out of the van. 

Edited by jaycee

Nice find,, other than sorting the bits, which if honest is next to nothing really,, , I have no doubt that you can leave it drained of fuel for 3 yrs, lob a battery and fuel and it will fire up..  BARGAIN and quite jealous, as those things will lap it up.. 👍

Yeah that's a ... lovely..... errrrm.... yeah... lovely... bike :) 

Congrats and ride well... Doubt i have anything of use in the spares i'm afraid.

• Haha 1

I think @wesifumeshould donate a spares bike. This would have two effects, firstly allow you to stay in budget and provide the bits and secondly stops me wondering how a man who rides a 1098 can also ride a Dullville!

This is likely to be a proper LDC weapon. Comfy, reliable, decent tank range, good weather protection etc. Looks like the mighty FZ6 will have some competition! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IforB said:

I think @wesifumeshould donate a spares bike. This would have two effects, firstly allow you to stay in budget and provide the bits and secondly stops me wondering how a man who rides a 1098 can also ride a Dullville!

This is likely to be a proper LDC weapon. Comfy, reliable, decent tank range, good weather protection etc. Looks like the mighty FZ6 will have some competition! 

They are a bit lazier than ya fz6,, so unless it's redlined all the way, I doubt it.. 😂

1 minute ago, firebeast said:

They are a bit lazier than ya fz6,, so unless it's redlined all the way, I doubt it.. 😂

It depends how lazy the FZ6 rider is. So in my case, very! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IforB said:

It depends how lazy the FZ6 rider is. So in my case, very! 

Sounds like you were made for the deauville then really.. 😁 

In all seriousness, I think its a superb mile muncher with a shaft drive and bulletproof motor than can hustle along nicely at 90 all day long.. They just need great tyres to help in corners , like bt45, that grip like hell and last for ages. 👍

49 minutes ago, firebeast said:

Nice find,, other than sorting the bits, which if honest is next to nothing really,, , I have no doubt that you can leave it drained of fuel for 3 yrs, lob a battery and fuel and it will fire up..  BARGAIN and quite jealous, as those things will lap it up.. 👍

In reality, I'd like to get it running, tested and taxed long before then. I miss bikes badly. So badly that a run to South Queensferry to park up amongst the big bad dentists and insurance actuaries on the Hogs on a crusty old Deauville seems positively exciting! 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, jaycee said:

In reality, I'd like to get it running, tested and taxed long before then. I miss bikes badly. So badly that a run to South Queensferry to park up amongst the big bad dentists and insurance actuaries on the Hogs on a crusty old Deauville seems positively exciting! 

Next week then,, 😁

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Gix said:

Matt black paint job, Monster stickers, and smoking knee sliders when you get there !

I'm thinking pink/blue Cancer Research vinyl, covered in as many LDD/LDU challenge stickers as I can scrounge, at least for time leading up to the run. Donation bucket bolted to the rack. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gix said:

Matt black paint job, Monster stickers, and smoking knee sliders when you get there !

I was thinking tiger stripes, but pink will grab the attention better.. Maybe leave any bird shit etc to fester, so it looks like a bit of thrush on a nice pink throbbing v-twin 😏

4 minutes ago, jaycee said:

….covered in as many LDD/LDU challenge stickers as I can scrounge…

Challenge accepted…..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, weeksy said:

Yeah that's a ... lovely..... errrrm.... yeah... lovely... bike :) 

Congrats and ride well... Doubt i have anything of use in the spares i'm afraid.

Look at the momentum this is generating.

1 hour ago, jaycee said:

I'm thinking pink/blue Cancer Research vinyl, covered in as many LDD/LDU challenge stickers as I can scrounge, at least for time leading up to the run. Donation bucket bolted to the rack. 

You don't need a donation bucket, Just cut a coin slot in each of the side jowels 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, TKDMitch said:

Embrace the spirit of Deauville and get @Sidkinky to make up some Werthers stickers to go with piss-coloured paintwork.

On it! 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gix said:

You don't need a donation bucket, Just cut a coin slot in each of the side jowels 

His or the bikes? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IforB said:

His or the bikes? 

Haw you! 

I'm less fat than I was and I hope by 2024 to just be a wee guy, not a wee round guy😁

• Like 1

i'm not sure of the compatability but i'm stripping a donor bros of bits and have a few other things of use like hid lights if you wants? Bung up a shopping list here and i'll try to help with bits. 

6 hours ago, jaycee said:

I don't know Al, I'll need to do my research. 

I think the calipers on the front are actually 2-pot sliders. I'll have a look later on when I get it out of the van. 

They'll be two pot sliders, same as fitted to cbr600 steelies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, hawkati said:

i'm not sure of the compatability but i'm stripping a donor bros of bits and have a few other things of use like hid lights if you wants? Bung up a shopping list here and i'll try to help with bits. 

I'll definitely be in touch. What size is the front master cylinder for starters? Possibly the ignition switch, key and the seat lock too, as I'm going to have to come up with solutions to the broken key in the ignition, as that one key operates the locks on the fairing cubby, seat release and panniers too. 

I will have to get into it once I've managed to clear some room in my ridiculously crowded garage. 

Extra lights will never go unwanted obviously, it was one of my first thoughts, as I recalled fumbling about in the dark with the feeble lamp on the XJ previously. 

• Like 1

Lights are the biggest thing I screwed up on with the FZ6. Relying on the original light was awful!