The Shed Thread

StrokerBoy

8 hours ago, Superdunc said:

IMG-20231021-WA0043.jpg.312192a695e883457a403fe6b9285c4d.jpg

Outside is nearly done.

Working on getting the inside fitted out.IMG-20231021-WA0041.jpg.fadf71bb273eb38b15a19f99c54f9ce1.jpg

Ideal, lots of light.

9 minutes ago, svingel said:

That looks bloody nice!! Any heating installed? 

Not yet. Its well insulated and gets the heat from the sun through the day.

3 hours ago, marvin said:

So the bikes get wheeled through the garden, down the little path to the workshop? No rear access?

what’s the roof and little chimney in the background?

Yes. Thats the roof of the servants quarters behind.

• Haha 4

39 minutes ago, Superdunc said:

Not yet. Its well insulated and gets the heat from the sun through the day.

Insulation does get you far, an air-to-air heat pump should be fine for the winter then. That'll be september to may😅

2 minutes ago, svingel said:

Insulation does get you far, an air-to-air heat pump should be fine for the winter then. That'll be september to may😅

Still warm enough in there today. 

Will get get a woodburner if it needs more.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Superdunc said:

Still warm enough in there today. 

Will get get a woodburner if it needs more.

My wood burner is used to throw things into that piss me off more then for the heat it provides. 

It’s looks great :thumbsup:

Edited by Bram43
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...

*Bump*

So, I had some time cleaning and organising my shed the other day and finally got around to hang this on the wall. I recently installed a small 3-axis CNC machine at one of the factories that produces road signs here in Denmark. It turned out that the production manager used to ride as well, so I talked him into making me a special sign.

With the RC36-2, no rules were broken....

235_small.jpg

• Like 11

On 4/7/2024 at 8:20 PM, Tumz said:

*Bump*

So, I had some time cleaning and organising my shed the other day and finally got around to hang this on the wall. I recently installed a small 3-axis CNC machine at one of the factories that produces road signs here in Denmark. It turned out that the production manager used to ride as well, so I talked him into making me a special sign.

With the RC36-2, no rules were broken....

235_small.jpg

Essential decoration

Mrs is going away for a week to see her daughter down South, then fly to another city for a few days work. Probably won’t go out much, it’ll be nice to have a lazy week at home and rest.

So that’s a week on Facebook Marketplace, Amazon, Ebay, Gumtree etc etc.  I’ve been chasing up two other local bikes but neither deal came off, one was for parts, one was bit too nice to break. 

Not much happening in the shed at the moment, but it’s somewhere to kill a few hours and dream. 

749364-B2-ECDF-44-F3-8-EAF-D91-A53-F3415

3-B33-D535-AC7-A-4-A9-D-AA45-8-E1-BCD0-A

251541-AA-9-C75-49-F9-ADC5-EE961-A53-ADB

1-DDB21-CA-DC38-4-D49-84-FF-DD4957-FCF67

TV is permanently on in the background…  

CF13987-D-97-C6-45-B9-AC00-95-E44-B31750

Edited by Tony Nitrous
  • Like 12

7 hours ago, Tony Nitrous said:

Mrs is going away for a week to see her daughter down South, then fly to another city for a few days work. Probably won’t go out much, it’ll be nice to have a lazy week at home and rest.

So that’s a week on Facebook Marketplace, Amazon, Ebay, Gumtree etc etc.  I’ve been chasing up two other local bikes but neither deal came off, one was for parts, one was bit too nice to break. 

Not much happening in the shed at the moment, but it’s somewhere to kill a few hours and dream. 

749364-B2-ECDF-44-F3-8-EAF-D91-A53-F3415

251541-AA-9-C75-49-F9-ADC5-EE961-A53-ADB

1-DDB21-CA-DC38-4-D49-84-FF-DD4957-FCF67

TV is permanently on in the background…  

CF13987-D-97-C6-45-B9-AC00-95-E44-B31750

Have so much shed envy right now!

1 minute ago, David W said:

At what point does a shed become a warehouse?

I'll post that when the guy 2 doors up from me ( the sidecar racers ) completes his shed.  It's going to be enormous judging by the earthworks he had done with a decent sized excavator.

3 minutes ago, David W said:

When you charge folk for a membership to shop there (trade only, no retail)

What alarms me is this.  He must have found it at the tip or been given it and he's searching paint codes so he can rattle can it.  

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, David W said:

A few folk I know locally have MUCH bigger sheds / barns just for their toys and much bigger / better collections.  A mate on the way to the city just built a shed easily 4 times the size of mine put together, Garry in the other direction has twice as many bikes including a very trick R1, brand new in the crate original R7, H@rleys etc. There’s another Suzuki guy heading South who has a huge amount of GSX’s, GSXR’s etc.  A guy near me has 4 automatic CB750’s and another has an across the frame V-twin, shaft drive, 841 Indian. 
I just found out there’s an armoured personnel carrier hidden in the next town that’s coming up for sale. Folk’d be surprised what’s still stashed away here and in the back of beyond. 

Edited by Tony Nitrous
  • Haha 3

Just for contrast and for DougW I'll add this photo of a small shed full of shit.  I will say I have a LOT of extra stuffs in transit ( not mentioning the stuff that actually is in my Transit, aka the other other shed )  as I am having something of a tidy up.  

20240419-160832.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Johnno said:

What alarms me is this.  He must have found it at the tip or been given it and he's searching paint codes so he can rattle can it.  

I quite like my few Kincrome tools,

78-BFA285-4817-4440-B1-ED-478-EEBE3-FCC7

I have a couple of small sets and a Kincrome service cart. I have been buying a few more Kincrome tools recently, circlip pliers, Allen keys, socket adapters, wire strippers, hammer etc. I’ll probably end up with some blue toolbox’s and a slowly expanding Kincrome collection. 

I offered my (step) son some of my older tools recently but he has no interest in getting his hands dirty.  

Edited by Tony Nitrous

1 minute ago, Tony Nitrous said:

I quite like my few Kincrome tools,

78-BFA285-4817-4440-B1-ED-478-EEBE3-FCC7

I have a couple of small sets and a Kincrome service cart. I have been buying a few more Kincrome tools recently, circlip pliers, Allen keys, socket adapters, wire strippers, hammer etc. I’ll probably end up with some blue toolbox’s and a slowly expanding Kincrome collection. 

I offered my (step) son some of my older tools recently but he has no interest in getting his hands dirty.  

Yeah Tone but I never saw you adding a blue box.  I have Sidcrome tools and to be honest the Sid cabinets were always better value than the blue boxes cause they had the soft touch close etc.  

I nearly bought a red cabinet and searched paint codes to work it in. 

I recently saw a stainless cab at Bunnings which is great value and HUGE wih a solid wood top for the same money as a 1080 blue roll cabinet.  I seriously want one.   A bad review says they tip over.  Well, if you fill every drawer with lots of gear and open them all, guess what?  Cab tips over.

I was just breaking ya balls, mate.

I rode and drove past recently but the place looked deserted, I hate just showing up unannounced.

On 4/15/2024 at 6:01 PM, svingel said:

Essential decoration

I think so 😉

• 3 weeks later...

I'm washing the mold off my shed.  That's taken at least 10 years to acumulate, I got up here early while it was still damp from the dew and off it comes.

I then moved onto the roller door which birds and bats seem to use as a shit target Barnes Wallis style.

1000002729.jpg

It's not the biggest shed or all that fancy,  but's it's mine and now fairly clean externally.

20240510-144140.jpg

• Like 7

The scunge on the visible part of the concrete slab is annoying me.  I believe I need to pressure wash it.   The mould on the back wall was really only microns thick and easily came off with a spray of truck wash and an extension brush that connects to a hose.