Fast Bikes Magazine subscription

johnnymack63

13 issues for £45.49 (£3.50 per issue delivered to your door instead of £4.60 in the shops) - £5 goes to the forum

Or

26 issues for £82 (£3.15 per issue delivered to your door instead of £4.60 into shops) - £10 goes to the forum

You must use this link for the forum to gain commission.

https://www.classicmagazines.co.uk/promotion/fb186/source/fb186?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=advert&utm_term=fb-third-party-forum&utm_campaign=third-party-advert

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, trumpetman21 said:

Bugger, subscribed a week or so ago so there'd be no commission to the forum from that presumably?

Sadly not.

Not a problem though, there was always going to some that missed out.

It'll all work out over time.

• Like 1

Done, but the confirmation email just says I've subscribed, doesn't mention if the forum is definitely getting the money. I switched off all the adblock/tracking stuff when I clicked through that link, but sometimes the cookies get rejected anyway.

Either way, you should have a fiver from me...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/24/2021 at 8:04 PM, johnnymack63 said:

13 issues for £45.49 (£3.50 per issue delivered to your door instead of £4.60 in the shops) - £5 goes to the forum

Or

26 issues for £82 (£3.15 per issue delivered to your door instead of £4.60 into shops) - £10 goes to the forum

https://www.classicmagazines.co.uk/promotion/fb186/source/fb186?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=advert&utm_term=fb-third-party-forum&utm_campaign=third-party-advert

Any chance of setting up a Digital version or wouldn’t it not be worth it given the digital sub is that much less than physical one?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2021 at 12:29 PM, johnnymack63 said:

August 21 issue arriving with subscribers today.

D7E95891-DD7B-4180-96F8-13C09FE7230B.jpeg

This was a fine issue. Read every article. Good stuff.

It’s a marked improvement over what they were offering just a year or two ago. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Fast Bikes Magazine - September 2021

Delighted with my first copy of FB. I highly recommend it. Took a bit of a punt, a PS refusenik, signing up for 2 years without having read FB since the days of Al Fagan (goodness knows how many years ago that was) - and only buying it once even then. It wasn’t for me then. Times change.

The centrepiece of the September edition is an excellent comparison of three quick bikes from three different eras, by Johnny Mac. I know his writing well from PB days - sharp, coherent, analytical, fun - articles with ideas and conclusions that stand out from the crowd. This article was a good example of all of that. More please. 

The surprise package was a superb contribution by Christian Iddon. He shares in an engaging way not only the fun of racing and winning but his inner most thoughts sitting on the grid in mixed conditions. Highly recommended. 

All in all, I think FB and I are going to get on very well. Parrish less so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/24/2021 at 9:04 AM, johnnymack63 said:

Or

Is this offer still current ... as in I think it expired in July ???

6 hours ago, johnnymack63 said:

Yes. 

Cool - I've got a subscription, not sure if it gave the donation or not.

6 hours ago, johnnymack63 said:

October issue

9E4F74CB-25F9-450E-B16D-E49984325348.jpeg

Btw the Petronas is green not gold - here to help 😀

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Subscribed at the start of September and not had anything in the post yet. Checked my customer area thing and I should have had at  least one about 3 weeks ago. Just got off the phone, said it should have turned up but no worries as they'll resend it and also extend my subscription by one issue. Can't say fairer than that, good customer service. 

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 6/10/2022 at 10:24 AM, Patf said:

Is there a new offer ? I used the link and it said 

Subscription offer code FB004 is not currently available

I shall ask what’s going on.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/12/2022 at 4:45 PM, johnnymack63 said:

I shall ask what’s going on.

Fit like, I've just had my fast bikes subscription renewal though the post, is there still money goes to this forum when I renew it or is that all finished now?

18 hours ago, kevjayney said:

Fit like, I've just had my fast bikes subscription renewal though the post, is there still money goes to this forum when I renew it or is that all finished now?

I’m told it’s still very much active coz I asked a couple of weeks ago. It says at the bottom of the page valid until 31 dec 2022, whereupon I’ll just get them to extend it again.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
58 minutes ago, Calimero said:

Is Fast Bikes only available through subscription as I’ve been looking on the magazine shelves for the last few editions and nowhere’s been stocking it!

I could have sworn in my local Sainsbury's today they had Fast Bikes and Practical Sportsbikes available together in one bag at a reduced price.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Novarally said:

I could have sworn in my local Sainsbury's today they had Fast Bikes and Practical Sportsbikes available together in one bag at a reduced price.

The chances of Bauer and Mortons ever collaborating on something like that are the same as Putin and Zelenskyy sending each other a Christmas card. 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Calimero said:

Is Fast Bikes only available through subscription as I’ve been looking on the magazine shelves for the last few editions and nowhere’s been stocking it!

Tesco around here used to stock it but it hasn't been there for months.

28 minutes ago, johnnymack63 said:

The chances of Bauer and Mortons ever collaborating on something like that are the same as Putin and Zelenskyy sending each other a Christmas card. 

I've never known such a deep and utterly irrational hatred by one organisation towards another that is even universally personal.

People I've known and worked alongside for over 20 years won't talk to me anymore now that I've had to go to Mortons, even though those same people told me directly that there was no more PB, AND no work for freelancers on any other titles due to a new system whereby all the staff writers would write across all publications. 

Very strange culture.

Yet........

Mortons print MCN, so probably make as much money out of MCN as Bauer do !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 4

11 minutes ago, johnnymack63 said:

I've never known such a deep and utterly irrational hatred by one organisation towards another that is even universally personal.

People I've known and worked alongside for over 20 years won't talk to me anymore now that I've had to go to Mortons, even though those same people told me directly that there was no more PB, AND no work for freelancers on any other titles due to a new system whereby all the staff writers would write across all publications. 

Says a lot about them............none of it nice.