LDU21

johnnymack63

On 1/11/2021 at 9:17 PM, Head_Down_Bum_Up said:

Sounds like an absolute hoot, so registered my interest 👍

By coincidence, back in early 2012 I sold a GSXR 750 SRAD (it was a complete shed and something I should never have bought) to a guy for.....yes....£300 which was used for this event.

I’d completely forgotten about it until now, I can’t remember his name but it was a bit of a saga for him to come and get the bike. He got let down by a “courier” and then opted to come and get it himself in the freezing cold and snow.

Funny old world 🙂 

That was me.. no one believed I had bought it under budget and I have done the event several times now. Do it, you will love it

I can't do it this year but will do next year again

Edited by Gix
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, Gix said:

That was me.. no one believed I had bought it under budget and I have done the event several times now. Do it, you will love it

Was this the one were you thought you had a lot of spare engine parts, but actually they should have been inside the bike and not in a box next to it? 

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Gix said:

Glad to hear you got some decent use out of it 👍

• Like 1

Is there a general donation page?

12 minutes ago, hylar1000 said:

Is there a general donation page?

Usually @johnnymack63 will round up the willing victims and once we've committed then a just giving page gets set up for the whole event including individual jg pages for each rider. Cheers for asking!

• Thanks 1

It's snowing here and I have an incredible urge (steady nursey) to go out in the garage and fire the Turdpot up and start the preparations

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Herr V. said:

It's snowing here and I have an incredible urge (steady nursey) to go out in the garage and fire the Turdpot up and start the preparations

I know, just waiting for the big man to say go.

1 hour ago, Herr V. said:

Allegedly dry tomorrow and almost 5 whole degrees above freezing so the jigsaw bike might come out for an engineering shoeing...

3 hours ago, hawkati said:

Allegedly dry tomorrow and almost 5 whole degrees above freezing so the jigsaw bike might come out for an engineering shoeing...

Will that be the middle sized 5lb lump hammer?

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Herr V. said:

If Johnny accepts me then my bikes ready 🤣

9 hours ago, Basil said:

6 feet apart! 

A line of us, from JoG to LE, one JohnnyMac apart.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

A line of us, from JoG to LE, one JohnnyMac apart.

You needn't get a running motorcycle in that case you all just get off one bike walk six feet then get on the next one etc etc all the way from Scotchland to Cornidge...

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm in. Fingers crossed neither cancer or f'ing covid get in the way this year!

I am definitely going to be accused of cheating, but JM provided the link to the bike I bought, so I don't care!

Getting the paperwork sorted to turn it into a UK bike is turning into a proper ball ache though right now... The mechanical bits to fix it are the easy bits in comparison tbh.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Ifor,  Has Paul managed to find a way across to yet for the Honda?

22 minutes ago, Herr V. said:

Ifor,  Has Paul managed to find a way across to yet for the Honda?

Not yet, but there's no rush at my end. To be honest, I have just this moment realised there is a skip getting in the way of the garage doors it is parked behind, so until the builders finish here, I can't get it out! Paul and I in contact about it, so whenever he's ready, I'll have it ready for him.

• 1 month later...