BMW s1000rr engine refresh videos

wavey

Lovely work.

Whats impressive about the BMW engine is that nothing is impressive, they're clearly just brilliant at mass production. 

Everything is designed in a way to minimise any waste, to reduce the number of machining steps (that's whats going on with the fracture separation of the con rods, its saves a high precision machining operation of the two halves, and then a subsequent machining of the bore with them back together). I suppose you'd expect that from a company that makes 81 trillion cars a year. 

• Like 3

Episode 8... all gets a bit nerdy with bore and stroke, squish measuring and cam timing info... Feel free to point out any errors (I did ramble on a fair bit!)

Most people will think it's boring, luckily members of this forum aren't most people

• Like 5

Wavey’s Open University, is doing a cracking job :thumbsup:

I don’t how you can go so long in there without a brew on the go. Keep up the good work. 

It's the final (and less nerdy) episode

• Like 3

There's a couple of bits ready to edit when I find the time! One is especially tasty

• Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 3:08 PM, wavey said:

Episode 8... all gets a bit nerdy with bore and stroke, squish measuring and cam timing info... Feel free to point out any errors (I did ramble on a fair bit!)

Most people will think it's boring, luckily members of this forum aren't most people

Thorougly enjoyed that one. 

As a side note if you see a spike of watch time on the part you start explaining oversquare engines on your analytics, it's me trying to figure out why my phone keeps on vibrating, informing of new notifications without showing them up on screen and subesequently missing the explanation on the video, then rewinding etc etc.

Turns out it wasn't my phone Dave. It was yours.

:getmecoat:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yeah, I forgot to silence it for that bit, hehehe