LDU 2019 The Ride

TKDMitch

8 minutes ago, Herr V. said:

Thanks FF,  I really wanted to do it this year but couldn't get a bike anywhere near budget but would of happily been a pussy and used a non-qualifying bike

Next year then 👍

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Herr V. said:

Thanks FF,  I really wanted to do it this year but couldn't get a bike anywhere near budget but would of happily been a pussy and used a non-qualifying bike

To be honest I’ve tried and failed to find anything that might just run at that money. I use it as a sort of pathetic excuse for myself not to put my body through what must amount to proper torture. 

Just back from the 3rd Pitstop. Great to see @Gix@Tony B and his lovely missus at the pitstop, and all the usual faces, @johnnymack63, and of course @hawkati, and new faces, @srad34 and Karl Pilkington lookalikey @Alex_H

I've a ton of photos to go through, I'll try and get them sorted over the weekend. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TKDMitch said:

Hayley and her Technicolour Dream Bike. It's drinking a litre of oil between pitstops, but is still going, buoyed on by a cloud of optimism and blue smoke :D

Hayley.jpg

She was watching at Oulton on Weds on that and I mentioned to my girlfriend that that was the kind of bike the people would be using on the LDU without knowing she was taking part.....the first bike that arrived at pitstop 2 after I'd arrived to bother @CRM was Hayley.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, TKDMitch said:

The Gpz's in trouble, Hayley is just north of Carlisle but it's cutting out and smoking badly.

Booo! Hopefully being a GeePeeShed, it will continue to the finish line anyway. Some sheckles have been deposited into the Justgiving page to will her on! :thumbsup:

Edited by ianl1201
  • Like 1

The queue for the ferry at Pitstop 4. Those people are going to be very upset when an assortment of knackered bikes wheeze past puking oil, coolant, smoke and chain lube all over them :D

untitled

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, St George said:

Tony's tracking is back up and running, got him at Dunoon 17:58

Looks like he flew most of the early stages :D

Tracker

• Haha 5

Hayley is still going, a little south of Kilmarnock at the moment.

Meanwhile, Philip Smith and Charlie Playfair are on the ferry now.

Edited by TKDMitch
  • Like 4

It's easy to look at the fact they've hit pitstop 4 and think it's nearly over, but the reality is they've got nearly 300 miles still to ride.

They've been going for 15 hours already, and still have around 300 miles to ride.

That's got to be worth a few quid of anyone's money, and with just a little help we can get the total for this year over £31,000, it's nearly there!

Please donate a few quid via the link here. Please.

a7bf0780-b5cf-42a6-856f-cf6b053b81c0

Edited by TKDMitch
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

How do I donate individually ?

I was going to have a curry tonight but will donate the £25 to Tony & Keith for the Tracking that's kept me updated on their progress.

Or is it better to donate Direct to your link ?

• Like 1

Guys do we have anyone near Dreghorn Hayley is stuck on the B730 near there with a detached gear linkage anybody nearby could go and assist with a spanner or two ? 

Delay that she’s cobbled it together 😃

Edited by MadManMiles
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, MadManMiles said:

Guys do we have anyone near Dreghorn Hayley is stuck on the B730 near there with a detached gear linkage anybody nearby could go and assist with a spanner or two ?

Are you on Twitter ?

20 minutes ago, St George said:

How do I donate individually ?

I was going to have a curry tonight but will donate the £25 to Tony & Keith for the Tracking that's kept me updated on their progress.

Or is it better to donate Direct to your link ?

You're a good man, thank you.

Go to this link and scroll down a bit, you should see some individual names, and the option to see more. Pick your guys from there and donate away. 

Really appreciate that, thank you.

• Like 1

I can see I’m going to have to give James some money for being fucking insane enough to do it on a 996. I’d whinge going that far in a car. Top men and women the lot of ‘em. And barking mad into the bargain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Gazza said:

I can see I’m going to have to give James some money for being fucking insane enough to do it on a 996. I’d whinge going that far in a car. Top men and women the lot of ‘em. And barking mad into the bargain.

He still has to come home again. Mad nutter.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jaycee said:

He still has to come home again. Mad nutter.

Some people have a glint of madness in their eyes. He's got high beam headlights :D

• Haha 8