And the winner is.....

srad34

So, back in the slumber of my own bed, it seems like the LDU was weeks ago, yet my hands are still naturally claw shaped and the thought of riding any bike for any distance sets off the nervous twitch... ๐Ÿ˜‰

It was another epic adventure, from the ride down to LE with Alex, Simon and Dan through to loading the bikes into the van at JOG for the long drive home...

Some of the most amazing roads along the way, that even the mighty Gs500 worked well on and with the exception of a duff battery in Inverness, thanks to @Alex_H pushing powa & being a great riding partner all sorted!

The bike was frankly superb. For a 55k commuter, it coped with me hammering it constantly, chucking it round tight bends, trail braking (Motogp style) and it kept going regardless. Riding against Alex on the mighty GPZ was like racing 125's as a yoof, him being on a flash cagiva mito, me on the underdog ns125r, never giving in!!

Much Epicness.

So thankyou to the forumite for the support, @Alex_H for the riding, @johnnymack63

and Jo for the organising, thankyou to all LDU pitstop's, really appreciated and great to see you all (quite emosh thinking about it) it was excellent alround and so much fun.

Now, hush up, off back to bed... Cheers

ย 

• Like 16

Just now, Gix said:

Was good to see you again Matt

ย 

And thx for the sharpie artwork lol

And the duff battery turned out to be the starter relay. Pretty sure @porter_jamie did tell me about that too doh!

Squirt of contact cleaner and all good!

Edited by srad34
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, srad34 said:

And the duff battery turned out to be the starter relay. Pretty sure @porter_jamie did tell me about that too doh!

Squirt of contact cleaner and all good!

so the gs hasย done it 3 times now. I hope you can get another LLDer to take it next year :)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, porter_jamie said:

so the gs hasย done it 3 times now. I hope you can get another LLDer to take it next year :)

So is a GS500 betterer than a GPShed 500 with a taste for 10/40?

Serious question....... (for once)

5 hours ago, porter_jamie said:

He did offer it to me in the car park at Hayle for next year ๐Ÿ˜†

To be honest though I reckon itโ€™s a bit on the small side for me, I reckon asking it to cart me about would be an LDD too far for it.

• Thanks 1

That is a good point as I am 6'3"ย 

Might just use the RS and take the ridicule

So, the Gs500 is sold. Onto a lass who is really interested in doing next years event ๐Ÿ˜ย  but is going to use as a daily hack for now.

I have kept the stickered flyscreen for my wall and I really hope to see the old girl (and the GS) again!

• Like 5