And the winner is.....

srad34

Certainly not this....

But as I wanted to take part in the LDU, and having a GS last time on standby, badgering our very own Mr Porter for his two times entrant was a done deal. On the faithful promise of reselling to another sucker, sorry entrant for 2020...

So after a quick meet at services on the A1, the GS5 loaded in the mighty Vito of crust, I was homebound awaiting the delighted comments from Mrs srad when the bike was wheeled out of the van...

Like most of us, the LDD/LDU means something personal and for me, pissing around with bikes was something my boy Oliver and I loved doing together. Since we lost him in 2012 at aged 19 to the big C, it seemed fitting to crack open the rust-eze, stock up on cable ties and get balls deep......

The bike to be fair with a new battery it started (of sorts) and after a carb seal kit and change of fuel lines choked into life which is great news for me. It runs, so next.....

Brakes are almost too good thanks to a brembo caliper, new pads and a brembo radial MC courtesy of @porter_jamie. Same goes for some decent Michelin 👍

A test ride confirms that somethings not straight, not sure what yet, it could be due to riding back to back with newer fodder, but for now, I will focus on the paint...

I wanted something Suzuki Purists would love and hanker after..... So I ended up with nothing like that 😂. All the removed period LDD stickers are now festooned on a £12.50 Puig screen and I am very pleased with my efforts.....

1554141713406_IMG_0869.JPG

1554141713169_IMG_0868.JPG

IMG_0867.JPG

IMG_0870.JPG

Edited by srad34
  • Like 18

Left to do.....

• Get a cheap-ass top box to carry cable ties, waterproofs, gaffa tape and other shitter spare parts (the last of the budget!)
  • Check the forks as it they might be bent...
  • Sort the seized rear caliper
  • Swap the fuel lines round so that 'reserve' and 'on' are the right way round!
  • Get an MOT, hopefully my tester won't notice the lack of rear damping, wonky forks and naff rear brake...

Wcpgw?? 🤣😅😂

Edited by srad34
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, srad34 said:

Certainly not this....

But as I wanted to take part in the LDU, and having a GS last time on standby, badgering our very own Mr Porter for his two times entrant was a done deal. On the faithful promise of reselling to another sucker, sorry entrant for 2020...

So after a quick meet at services on the A1, the GS5 loaded in the mighty Vito of crust, I was homebound awaiting the delighted comments from Mrs srad when the bike was wheeled out of the van...

Like most of us, the LDD/LDU means something personal and for me, pissing around with bikes was something my boy Oliver and I loved doing together. Since we lost him in 2012 at aged 19 to the big C, it seemed fitting to crack open the rust-eze, stock up on cable ties and get balls deep......

The bike to be fair with a new battery it started (of sorts) and after a carb seal kit and change of fuel lines choked into life which is great news for me. It runs, so next.....

Brakes are almost too good thanks to a brembo caliper, new pads and a brembo radial MC courtesy of @porter_jamie. Same goes for some decent Michelin 👍

A test ride confirms that somethings not straight, not sure what yet, it could be due to riding back to back with newer fodder, but for now, I will focus on the paint...

I wanted something Suzuki Purists would love and hanker after..... So I ended up with nothing like that 😂. All the removed period LDD stickers are now festooned on a £12.50 Puig screen and I am very pleased with my efforts.....

1554141713406_IMG_0869.JPG

1554141713169_IMG_0868.JPG

IMG_0867.JPG

IMG_0870.JPG

I’m so sorry about your lad. I will be sponsoring you this year for sure you mad bastard 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, kit-parts said:

count me in for a bit of sponsorship Matt

Under all that hard case exterior there is a good lad struggling to get out. I fucking knew it, come here for a struggle cuddle.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, kit-parts said:

Do one bender :D

Spoken from the heart. Bless your blushing arse cheeks.

• Haha 1

So, a thorough 20 mile test run complete, (after the morning on the Superduke) , the engine feels perky enough and idles well.Still good for 60/70 mph and does not sound like it's going to terminate which is nice.

With some air in the tyres, rides absolutely fine, so happy with that too. Braking is, well odd. It's got the Brembo axial caliper and an OEM radial brembo BUT no feel at all and more sheeeetttt than sharp, essentially feels like the MC ratio is for a twin disc set up, so need to find something more suitable after checking pads etc (on the plus side, the radial will go straight on the Zx7r so no loss) 😉

Everything else seems to work okay, the suspension seems okay with my portly girth so other than an MOT, sorting the front brake, we are Go!!!!!!!!

IMG_0904.JPG

Edited by srad34
  • Like 13

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 1:42 PM, srad34 said:

So, a thorough 20 mile test run complete, (after the morning on the Superduke) , the engine feels perky enough and idles well.Still good for 60/70 mph and does not sound like it's going to terminate which is nice.

With some air in the tyres, rides absolutely fine, so happy with that too. Braking is, well odd. It's got the Brembo axial caliper and an OEM radial brembo BUT no feel at all and more sheeeetttt than sharp, essentially feels like the MC ratio is for a twin disc set up, so need to find something more suitable after checking pads etc (on the plus side, the radial will go straight on the Zx7r so no loss) 😉

Everything else seems to work okay, the suspension seems okay with my portly girth so other than an MOT, sorting the front brake, we are Go!!!!!!!!

IMG_0904.JPG

Im guessing the smaller bike is making you look ' more solid ' than when at Cadwell last year ???

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Mr Tea said:

Im guessing the smaller bike is making you look ' more solid ' than when at Cadwell last year ???

Not the best pic, granted. Just had a large roast dinner etc etc 😂

• Haha 1

On 4/11/2019 at 6:10 AM, simonb said:

I presume/hope/fear you will be wearing full camo gear for the event?

You know for the full under the radar stealth effect.

Sadly don't have any as I don't ride a streetfighter (or bandit) 😂🤣😂.

40 minutes ago, Alex_H said:

You want to put that in my van? 🙄

😂 Least yours has wheels on and a seat lol

That's nowt, I have blagged a tie on gel seat too, ossumness fo sho

1 hour ago, srad34 said:

That's nowt, I have blagged a tie on gel seat too, ossumness fo sho

Top scammer! The mrs is getting me a pressure sore cushion to mackle on, it can't fail!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Alex_H said:

Top scammer! The mrs is getting me a pressure sore cushion to mackle on, it can't fail!

i put a cusion from my dad's armchair on the hawk - wrapped in a couple of bin liners and gaffered up in place. Much more comfy and raised my arse a bit, putting just a bit more weight on the bars. Perfect riding position, it's still on the bike!

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Mr.Incredible said:

Good luck.  Served me well for LDU '16.  There's probably still some of my DNA on it somewhere.

Hmmmmm.....you just had to soil it somehow....:tacheemoticonwh7:

• Haha 1

On 4/24/2019 at 4:28 PM, Mr.Incredible said:

Good luck.  Served me well for LDU '16.  There's probably still some of my DNA on it somewhere.

Thankyou and fortunately I took the liberty of wiping all surfaces with a potent anti-bac solution before painting. I don't want any of your babies thankyou very much 😂🤣😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, srad34 said:

I don't want any of your babies thankyou very much 😂🤣😂

This is a lie, everyone wants Nickys baby, even men.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...

How could a little white piece of paper bring so much joy?

No, not an epic rolling road printout, but an MOT pass sheet 😁

Something is deffo not aligned at the front tho, it loves right handers, not so keen on lefts so need to slacken off the yokes, bump the front and hopefully that might sort it, if not, they will be replaced with twigs (much strongerer)...

Much epicness....

• Like 6

All it takes is a handful of hope* and lots of mild fuckery, you will be reet 👍

I just need to get balls deep in the fundraising, the total thus far is amazing!

*hammers, lots of hammers

Edited by srad34

On 4/7/2019 at 1:42 PM, srad34 said:

IMG_0904.JPG

You sexy motherfucker come here for a good luck struggle cuddle 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, fastfreddybikes said:

You sexy motherfucker come here for a good luck struggle cuddle 

Save it for Cadwell buttercup 😘

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, srad34 said:

Save it for Cadwell buttercup 😘

That is you in your profile pic?

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

This pic might give you impression I am happy, the bike is ready to go and yes, I am extremely grey....

Well, the bikes on stands with no front end while I try to straightly the brackets and work out why it steering to the right! FFS...

So the ride to LE is the first shakedown test... Eck

IMG_1446.JPG

• Like 3

2 hours ago, blow_away said:

Steering to the right?

Put some bricks in the left pannier until problem is resolved. 😃

Top tip, but no panniers so will probably gaffa tape a breeze block onto the lhs swingarm, that will do the job 👍

• Haha 1

I was thinking about having a couple bricks in a placcy bag on the lh handlebar like offa chippy runs* on the bmx but the swingarm is way saferer... 👍

*chips instead ov bricks obvs

So, we have insurance (for a week), we have road tax, we now have no feasible excuses..... This shit just got real....

• Like 5