Binky #16, now with added China

DesmoEddy

19 hours ago, jaycee said:

Is it just me, or is that heater build one of the best bits of fabrication ever seen on YouTube?

I do like / appreciate this kind of fabrication... Not just tacking it all together, by following those who've gone before, but actually working out the puzzles, one step at a time (while also thinking ahead).

A bit like MCM, but just more technical and more ambitious? :thumbsup:

Hmm, not that I need anything else to add to my list, but could see if there's spaces left at night classes for welding (TiG / MiG / etc) :eusa_think:

• 6 months later...

What do people see in these awful little cars. Surely a modern mini is a much nicer prospect for drivability with a turbo 4WD driveline. 

image.png.4a471dab61ff5556f91f0359e093b5fd.png

3 hours ago, nzknut said:

What do people see in these awful little cars. Surely a modern mini is a much nicer prospect for drivability with a turbo 4WD driveline. 

image.png.4a471dab61ff5556f91f0359e093b5fd.png

Ever driven one?

A modern mini is a lardy piece of shit* in comparison.

I've driven modern Minis. They are a laugh, but lack the level of chuckability** that a genuinely small car has. See various small FIATs, original Yaris, various Kei cars, etc as further examples.

I've just watched episode 17 of Binky. Will we ever see this creation on the road? I hope so, but I fear that I will a fair bit older than I am now.

*I know they aren't pieces of shit, but they are far too big and heavy to legitimately bear the name MINI 

Edited by jaycee
  • Like 3

On 10/21/2017 at 7:10 PM, jaycee said:

Is it just me, or is that heater build one of the best bits of fabrication ever seen on YouTube?

Have to agree, the final touches with the heat exchangers and heater valve mods were absolute genius.

12 hours ago, jaycee said:

I've just watched episode 17 of Binky. Will we ever see this creation on the road? I hope so, but I fear that I will a fair bit older than I am now.

Does it matter? I really hope they'll keep enjoying it and making these video's.. absolutely love them and their attitude!

• Like 1

On 5/20/2018 at 7:33 AM, nzknut said:

I'll just leave these here...

In 50 years people will still be driving these little buzzbombs. Don't think the same will be true about the BMW.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/20/2018 at 9:43 AM, millemille said:

Poofwoof.

mini4fw2.jpg

Showing us production line photos doesn't go anyway to explaining how crashable they are.

Good old BMC

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DesmoEddy said:

I'll just leave these here...

In 50 years people will still be driving these little buzzbombs. Don't think the same will be true about the BMW.

I get the provenance for them historically. But the 4WD driveline etc in one doesn’t make sense compared to using a more modern chassis even as an engineering exercise surely it won’t be nice to drive

2 hours ago, nzknut said:

I get the provenance for them historically. But the 4WD driveline etc in one doesn’t make sense compared to using a more modern chassis even as an engineering exercise surely it won’t be nice to drive

This isn't about sense, its because they can. There should be more of this.

Imagine motorcycles hadn't been invented yet, and they were designing beefed up suspension and brakes for bicycle that they had squeezed a small engine into. Would you be decrying that venture?

5 hours ago, nzknut said:

But the 4WD driveline etc in one doesn’t make sense compared to using a more modern chassis even as an engineering exercise surely it won’t be nice to drive

Depends on your definition of "nice to drive". Apart from it being heavier, I can't see any downsides on that build yet..?

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:41 PM, nzknut said:

There's fuck all original chassis in either. 

So what is your point?

On 5/22/2018 at 12:41 PM, nzknut said:

Sorry - I misread your original post. I think part of it is just to prove to themselves (and now to the viewing public) that it can be done. I thought you were suggesting that the original cars might not be nice to drive (hence the videos) but I see now that's not what you were meaning.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love this.

It's pure fucking insanity.

• Like 1

I like that in the latest Binky he mentions looking for a bedford van, with the comment 'damn you millsy' and in the latest skid factory video (out this morning) on the barra turbo bedford van Al gets a text from millsy saying there's a buyer for the van in the uk who wants to use it to tow his 4wd mini, to which he says 'damn you millsy' 😂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/15/2018 at 9:10 AM, ZXRRDave said:

I like that in the latest Binky he mentions looking for a bedford van, with the comment 'damn you millsy' and in the latest skid factory video (out this morning) on the barra turbo bedford van Al gets a text from millsy saying there's a buyer for the van in the uk who wants to use it to tow his 4wd mini, to which he says 'damn you millsy' 😂

Yeah, I thought that too. Small world.