Much Noise, Many Turbo, Wow.

trident_special

Wouldn't want to be some poor fella on a bike, on the way home from work and meet them on the road.

Edited by Jenny Pryde
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Worth it even if just for the conversation near the end, shows how much gets chopped out (and that's just what got chopped from Guy's onboard plus that bloke talking over the top of the DFV...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I put this in the YouTube thread but it shouldn't be buried there TBH

And this... 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, trident_special said:

“Group B was the golden era, blah blah blah.”

https://www.facebook.com/186288034743716/posts/4493349974037479/?d=n

In total agreement. 

I still can’t fathom how any of the Irish tarmac championship isn’t a on the WRC calendar. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm enjoying these... (stay with it until the end)

Considering Dario's mostly just tickling it below...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Like trying to thread a very very angry stoat that's been force-fed peperami's up a very very narrow back passage...  

Edited by Basil
to to.
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Basil said:

Was one of these running in the Dutch Supercar Challenge at Brands Hatch approx 10 years ago.

To this day, it is the only time i've experienced pain from the noise of a vehicle in motorsport!

I've been to FOS multiple times, and stood a few feet from all sorts of 2 & 4 wheeled classics getting their morning fire-up in the paddock. Been to F1 in the V10 era, and MotoGP in the 800 era. Nope...

Stood on the inside of the run out of Surtees on the GP loop was painful in the prescense of this particular car. Wasn't the volume as such, but whatever it was doing to the air, it made your temples hurt as it passed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jimmeeh said:

Wasn't the volume as such, but whatever it was doing to the air, it made your temples hurt as it passed.

Because of the sort of cone shape of the car?

12 hours ago, TLRS said:

Because of the sort of cone shape of the car?

Don't know. Think it was either the induction or exhaust at a certain resonance tbh. Exhausts were side exit. And the exit of Surtees is probably the closest you can get to the track at Brands.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimmeeh said:

Don't know. Think it was either the induction or exhaust at a certain resonance tbh. Exhausts were side exit. And the exit of Surtees is probably the closest you can get to the track at Brands.

Didn't they have an exit each side plus two out the rear? (mind IIRC it had a lot of different tweaks in the years it's been about) I think at various points it's had a long induction box and basically a simple open carbon box plonked on the intake.

Surtees does funny things to your ears and guts though, I've heard DTM's through there making noises and the air move I never heard or felt anywhere else around the track, some of the classic stuff running at the Historic Masters did similar.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...