Blue spots vs Gold spots

coppersaucepipe

I 've dropped the forks out of the TDR to have new seals fitted and thought while I've got the front end in bits, I may as well sort the brakes (lack of) out.

Easiest upgrade is obviously to switch to R1 calipers, but is there any difference between the blue spots and gold spots?

Do I need to change anything else?

I 've dropped the forks out of the TDR to have new seals fitted and thought while I've got the front end in bits, I may as well sort the brakes (lack of) out.

Easiest upgrade is obviously to switch to R1 calipers, but is there any difference between the blue spots and gold spots?

Do I need to change anything else?

IIRC there's not much difference between the blue spots and the gold spot calipers.

I think the blue spots have steel pistons, whilst the gold spots have alloy ones. Other than that, I think they're pretty much the same.

though I stand to be corrected of course

I *think* that the only difference is the pistons / piston coating.

I've heard tell that the gold spots resist the weather better - I bought a set for my EXUP thou, and they were excellent, rode it through winter / spring and they were fine with just a cursory clean every month.Well worth the £40 I paid for 'em :eusa_think:

Archived