taking off the rear suspension off a 2007 zx6r

Brandyzx6r

Im trying to take off me rear suspension on my 2007 zx6r as i want to send it off to get some work done on it, but to be honest im not very good with the tools, and was wondering if anyone knew how todo it?

any help would be much appreciated?

I don't know exactly with your ninja but if your talking about the rear shock you will probably need to remove the tank to get to the top fixing, or you may get to it by raising the front of the tank up, depends how much room there is under there. You will need to support the tail rear subframe on straps (to hold it up) from something that can take the weight of the back of the bike, and then the fixing on the bottom of the shock should be easy to get to. Or something along those lines.

I would strongly recommend looking on ebay for a workshop manual for your bike. Loads of people sell CD's with pdf electronic copies of the manual for your bike which covers everything. When i have bought one for each of my last 3 bikes they are only about £3 or so and are well worth the money. Good luck. :tacheemoticonwh7:

Up on paddock stands, wheel out.

Couple of car axle stands or similar under your foot pegs and remove paddock stand.

Find and slacken off top shock nut.

Undo and remove bottom shock bolt. (swinarm will drop at this point)

Remove top nut and away you go.

Up on paddock stands, wheel out.

Couple of car axle stands or similar under your foot pegs and remove paddock stand.

Only try this if you've got rearsets on. Standard fold up pegs and a trashed set of bodywork may put you off working on your own bike forever. :icon_salut:

Buy a Haynes. They're £20, max, and will guide you through all the difficult jobs with an oddly-calming tone. All is well.

Don't Panic.

Only try this if you've got rearsets on. Standard fold up pegs and a trashed set of bodywork may put you off working on your own bike forever. :icon_blackeye:

LOL, only said it 'cos I know he has.

If it's like my ZX7R is, then you'll find that the swingarm won't drop far enough to allow you to get the shock out, so you have to lift it up and outto clear the swingarm, then drop it again so it goes into the gap left by your rear wheel. This is then made tricky by there being a battery in the way, so you can't lift it up. To help this lifting up bit, check the underside of your battery box, on my bike they'd got a nice little slip out section in the middle of the battery box that lifts to allow the shock somewhere to raise its head into, so all you need to do is remove the battery.

Im trying to take off me rear suspension on my 2007 zx6r as i want to send it off to get some work done on it, but to be honest im not very good with the tools, and was wondering if anyone knew how todo it?

any help would be much appreciated?

Bring it down to my place (you muppet :eusa_whistle: ). Don't forget the cider

I have ahunch the factory manual says remove most of the exhaust system then the dogbones-but i warn you i have a bellyfull of beer and what the funk does the factory know anyways?theres always an easier way.improvise adapt overcome

Archived