748 senna problem

andysp1

my brother has a 03 748 senna. he says that its been spluttering when using the throttle. if left at in the same position its fine. i did hear in MCN that a 916 senna had a smiler problem and that it could be the throttle positioning sensor.

Any clues gratefully received as always.

PS. My new brake discs on me SP1 are top.I can stop on a six pence so the old people say. Who needs wavy discs anyway!!

my brother has a 03 748 senna. he says that its been spluttering when using the throttle. if left at in the same position its fine. i did hear in MCN that a 916 senna had a smiler problem and that it could be the throttle positioning sensor.

Any clues gratefully received as always.

PS. My new brake discs on me SP1 are top.I can stop on a six pence so the old people say. Who needs wavy discs anyway!!

:lol: I wasn't aware that there was such a model as a 748 Senna(?)

Anyways, that makes lil' difference... When was it last serviced (and had the TPS and throttle set-up)? Could just be that the throttle is out of balance.

G

Its a later bike, so it has a 16M ecu.

Set tps at 150mV by turning it and then nipping it tight, with throttles closed and stops wound right back, you can measure the tps voltage with the multi metre probes pushed up the back of contacts 16 and 30 on the ecu harness, just where it plugs in.

Then balance the throttles with vacuum gauges but remember to close down the air bypass screws first, noting how much you turned them.

Then set the throttle stops out a little , maybe 1.5 turns to give some sort of tick over, re set the bypass screws, trying to find rough vacuum balance somewhere in the half turn - 1.5 turns range, this should have the motor running about 4% CO, the desmoquattros need this.

Then adjust the throttle stops evenly to set the tick over at about 1200 when warm, adjust throttle cables and presto, it should run ok .

Have fun,

Mark

Or B, go to a Ducati dealer and 'bleed from your wallet' <_<

Archived