Shim city

Gixxerthou

Nope, Im not pished and dont want to talk about MS simultion games.

Stripped my bike down today and checked the valves and everyone is out of tolerance (Shouldnt have left it to 25k methinks!)

Anyway, anyone got any idea how much shims are for a gsxr, and does anyone know who supplies em cheap please!

thanks in advance.

Nope, Im not pished and dont want to talk about MS simultion games.

Stripped my bike down today and checked the valves and everyone is out of tolerance (Shouldnt have left it to 25k methinks!)

Anyway, anyone got any idea how much shims are for a gsxr, and does anyone know who supplies em cheap please!

thanks in advance.

Last one I did was a KTM, they were £7 each.... :eusa_whistle:

Recently did mine on a 1000 exup, 14 of the 20 were tight so i lined the shims up together between 2 steel rules on a magnetic table(number side down so i knew which one was which) and surface ground 0.15mm off them.

1) I bought shims for the ZXR4 from Wemoto, and I think Foolery bought some for his ZZR6. May have Suzuki ones too.

2) Just because all the clearances are out, doesn't mean you need to buy 16 shims - you may be able to fix most of them by shuffling shims around, and only buy new ones for the last few. I threw half mine out by changing all the inlet cam followers, but I only had to buy three shims.

I have actually had to buy 12. Don't think I'll be leaving it 25k to do them again.

Only managed to re-use 4 @ 165mm

Plus I think I've been a little over zealous by changing ones that were only .002 out of tolerance. But hey ho.

For the record, the service manager at the shop had never known anyone want that many before too.

Archived