Eeeelectrickery headaches.

tootall

Righto, am getting on with Project Behemoth. (Gpz1100 efi jobby)

First step, get it running.

Got it spinning over ok, by shorting the starter solenoid, but the fuel pump is doing nothing. Got no electrical feed to it. If I try and run a live to it, it earths but nothing happens.

The run switch at the bars isn't working either, I've got live but no earth on the other side, so even if I bridge the live over nothing happens.

Clutch and sidestand switch looped.

Is this all going to be down to an ecu problem? Should I just junk it and whack a set of carbs on there?* If I do, will it run with the standard ignition, or does that run through the ecu as well?

Anyone got a Haynes or a a link to a wiring diagram?

* I have a nice clean set of carbs for it, just not sure if the ignition will work sans injection ecu.

Is this all going to be down to an ecu problem? Should I just junk it and whack a set of carbs on there?* If I do, will it run with the standard ignition, or does that run through the ecu as well?

Anyone got a Haynes or a a link to a wiring diagram?

* I have a nice clean set of carbs for it, just not sure if the ignition will work sans injection ecu.

I'd say lash the carbs on (check set up first if possible) and leave the ECU connected to whatever its connected to, bar the EFI stuff you rip out.

Archived