Zx10R trackday fairing

j-maul

Just got myself some fairings for my donnie trackday on the 27th. I'm wanting to fit them today, but i'v never done it before and was looking for a little advise on stripping the bike down i.e. removing lights, indicators, brake light, and anything else you could advise. I also want to be able to put it back on the road with minimal fuss, so i dont want to just start ripping stuff off.

Hiya mate,

It's piss easy, take off anything you can, if the bike does go down you've got less to replace. It's always quicker to refit a 'thing' than to wait whilst your dealer orders one. Cheaper too !

Ref the track glass, take your time and be patient, line everything up together before the drill and dremmal come out. The end result will fit much better and have more chance of surviving any 'unplanned vehicle stability situations' .

When it all fits, take it off again and off to Halfords, 6-8 rattle cans and paint the little bugger.

Point to note, race seat foam can be sanded with 160 grade to perfect the shape and give a faux suede texture. This looks pukka and feels dead sexy to the touch.

PM me if you have any probs.

Mark

Hiya mate,

It's piss easy, take off anything you can, if the bike does go down you've got less to replace. It's always quicker to refit a 'thing' than to wait whilst your dealer orders one. Cheaper too !

Ref the track glass, take your time and be patient, line everything up together before the drill and dremmal come out. The end result will fit much better and have more chance of surviving any 'unplanned vehicle stability situations' .

When it all fits, take it off again and off to Halfords, 6-8 rattle cans and paint the little bugger.

Point to note, race seat foam can be sanded with 160 grade to perfect the shape and give a faux suede texture. This looks pukka and feels dead sexy to the touch.

PM me if you have any probs.

Mark

Thanks mate

Archived