Exhaust port gaskets

heds954

The ones I presently have in 'Project Moneypit' are mullered, as the title says which is better?

Ta

Heds

in my experience, I've always found the OE ones are the best, whatever they are.

pattern copies may be a bit cheaper, but I'd plump for the proper ones every time.

My guess would be copper.

Based on no experiance or facts whatsoever

Either would be better than none though.

HTH

G

IME, makes fuck all difference which you use - I've used both with no problems.

IME, makes fuck all difference which you use - I've used both with no problems.

Hmm, didn't think it did, they're pretty much the same price wise, just seems to be a slight preference between one and the other when Googling. Meh, the worse that can happen is I have to spend another £6, not the end of the world.

I'd guess copper on an older bike. More likely to damage manifold studs trying to compress the ally than the softer copper

Anyone care to disagree?

Me! me!

I don't think you need extra torque to seal with aluminium gaskets - they are more of a concertina section, so should seal equally well for the same torque.

Of course, I could well be talking bollocks in which case I'll poke my own arse with the rough end of a ragman's trumpet.

Either would be better than none though.

HTH

G

...or trying to make exhaust gaskets from a corn flakes packet... Mmm, crispy... :D (I've seen head gaskets fashioned from breakfast cereal packets though :ph34r: )

Archived