Pre-mixers, what do you use to measure your oil?

cagimaha

Er, as the title. Do you just guestimate it with the graduations on the bottle or have you got some sort of contraption for measuring it out? Cheers, Ben.

A little tip, I always find it easier to buy the fuel in units of litres that suit your premix ratio. i.e. 40 to 1 = 4 litres of fuel to 100 ml of oil so buy 4, 8, 12, 16 litres etc and add 100, 200, 300 or 400 ml's of oil.

Not a big thing but makes life easier for me.

Cheers. Im using a measuring tube thing at the moment but was getting sick of the mess all over the inside of the rucksack. Ive just seen the one with a cap on that link though so Ill try one of them out. The only reason I asked was I saw a guy on an X7 at the petrol station the other day and he had his oil in a big syringe. The tube with a cap should do the trick though. Nice one, Ben.

I've got an ol' (pocket sized) measuring 'tube' thing, that actually belongs to an ol' Vespa. The graduations are marked out for litres of fuel, so dead easy (and saves me having to work it out myself).

:owned:

I would mix it at home and do it that way but tank range is pretty abysmal. As soon as it hits the powerband I reckon its well below double figures in the mpg stakes. Still thats not why I built it and it is worth it.

• 1 month later...

I have two bottles at 1L each .. I use the nice little alloy bottles from camping shops and a cargo net to hold em on as a reserve ... try to never mix on a fore court ! never never never mix in the tank with a shake ........

into a chemestry shop and get a graduated cyl. for most accuracy ... plastic ones are £3 ish

I have two bottles at 1L each .. I use the nice little alloy bottles from camping shops and a cargo net to hold em on as a reserve ... try to never mix on a fore court ! never never never mix in the tank with a shake ........

into a chemestry shop and get a graduated cyl. for most accuracy ... plastic ones are £3 ish

always buy fuel in gerry can and mix exactly flushing the measuring jug to be sure

just look on ebay for two stroke mixing bottle, suitable for chainsaw's and kart, 1 litre size, there perfect and the graduations accurate, used em for yrs

edit just checked, this is the one i have, cheap as chips too

look here

Archived