Best chain lube.

defraine

I don't like wax since all the ones I've used stick crap to the chain as Zak says. I used Motul Road or Factory line.

EP90, car oil, WD-40, waxes, sprays, lithium grease, white grease, in fact anything slippery that is not produced from under an animal.

It gets cleaned off after a week, and replaced.

I use the silicon stuff PJ1 do one. I don't do loads of miles but it seems to do the job the chain rear wheel look clean I use Mr Sheene on the back wheel and tyre

I use the silicon stuff PJ1 do one. I don't do loads of miles but it seems to do the job the chain rear wheel look clean I use Mr Sheene on the back wheel and tyre

why would you put mr sheene on your back tyre? (assume just the side walls) but still why?

why would you put mr sheene on your back tyre? (assume just the side walls) but still why?

I use it too, gets rid of oil and makes them nice and shiny :icon_blackeye:

Wurth dry chain oil. If I did loads of miles over winter I'd be tempted to use wax, but I don't so I don't. Wurth's good because it smells a bit like fruit.

I use a Scottoiler on any bike that's going to do miles, but on my fun-bikes I use Castrol chain wax. I tried PJ1 for a while and a few others and they all seemed to leave big blobs of tarry shite everywhere. The Castrol just seems to leave a light sprinkle of black dots. As mentioned, the chain does end up absolutely minging and crusted with black gunge though. Guess you can't have it both ways (Scottoiler and a clean chain FTW!)

A damned good clean, followed by some EP90 and a squirt of Castrol Chainwax was the choice of the Honda press garage, so that's always been good enough for me.

To be fair, I still carry a can (wait while I check...) of SDoc's chain wax (pocket sized tin) which has proved to be great.

:eusa_dance:

Gel?! Woah, futuristic!

I still don't get why people are using anything other than dry film spray on any bike that only gets used for fun days out in summer? No stickiness, no nothing, just spray it on and it's invisible within seconds. Winner!

Gotta be Wurth Dry chain wax !

Oh I do work for Wurth but thats not the reason I use it !

Clean wheels and a chain that lasts for longer !

Archived