Road legal Exhausts?

widdy

Evening all

are these road legal or not??

i've gone and bought a TL1000s which had a nice set of ART Pro Series II cans on it but i'm not sure their legal as they scare old ladies on tickover so i've replace them with a nice legal set of standards cans for the moment.

I've looked on t'internet and can't find ART as they seem to have gone into administration along with half the country and the cans have no markings except for the following--

e4 (in a box) followed by 0062 Typ 260.

there is absolutly no other markings anywhere and the dlva website isnt very helpfull

any ideas?

my missus wants them back on the bike as their a nice shade of blue! :eusa_think:

cheers

ART were famous for going into administration, rather like TTS.

Anyway, ART cans are fookin loud, and usually not road legal...but as said, so long as there is no 'Not For Road Use' or similay cobblers, they will pass an MOT. As long as the tester isn't one of the old ladies scared by them.

I had an ART can on my CBR400, it sounded awesome screamin like a gooddun!

At the tip of the can it was stamped "not for road use" but the previous owner had polished it off and you could juuuuust about see it. I would imagine if it doesn't have removable baffles then it's not road legal if its feckin loud

My Beemer's got the factory-fit Laser cans, which have an E4 marking, despite them being most definitely not road legal unless the baffles are in (which I didn't get with mine). It passed the MOT though, albeit with an advisory for "noisy exhaust".

The tester was honest about it and just advised "bring it down and I'll let you know before I begin the test whether it's piss-take loud or not." His general rule was if he didn't think "Jesus that's loud" while you pull up to the workshop, it's generally OK.

Archived