Fuel hose question.

Big_Kingy

picture2icr.png

I took the fuel tank off today to clean out the air filter. I took 3 of 4 hoses off and the 4th one didn't seem to be connected to anything at the other end (and was tight as fook on the tank) so I left it connected to the tank, dangling down as I lifted the tank off. Hose number 27 is the hose I'm concerned about.

I presume it's just a breather pipe and I've positioned it so it exits next to the bottom end of the clutch cable.

Is it just a breather pipe? Is it ok where I've left it?

Just looked at my Haynes manual. There are two hoses on the bottom of the tank, one thick and one thin. Thin hose is a breather, thick is a drain hose.

Just looked at my Haynes manual. There are two hoses on the bottom of the tank, one thick and one thin. Thin hose is a breather, thick is a drain hose.

It's the thick one, so it's ok where it is right?

You stick too much petrol into your tank, it goes somewhere :blink:

Mitch

So if I'm sitting on the bike and over fill the tank I end up with a wet boot? Where should I relocate it?

So if I'm sitting on the bike and over fill the tank I end up with a wet boot? Where should I relocate it?

Into your Zippo? Just don't overfill your tank, but they usually stick out the bottom of the lower fairing, by the sidestand.

You stick too much petrol into your tank, it goes somewhere :blink:

Mitch

I think its the drain hose from the filler cap. If you lift the filler cap there is a drain hole on the l/h side to allow water or spilt fuel to drain away. As long as it's pointing in the general direction of down, it'll be reet.

Archived