Swingarm measurements

tootall

Looking for an ally swingarm to put into my triton.

Needs to be as narrow as poss at the pivot. As close to 210mm as possible really so probably 250 or 400 rather than 600/750.

If anyone knows the measurements already, or could do some measuring of maybe RGV/FZR/CBR400 or whatever really that'd be a great help. Then I can go ebaying.

cheers

NC30 swingarm is exactly that, fancy a single sider on there?

On ebay they appear to be had for pennys.

NC30 swingarm is exactly that, fancy a single sider on there?

On ebay they appear to be had for pennys.

nah, don't reckon it'd look right. Plus it'd be too heavy.

Nice to know though, means there should be other stuf out there not too far off.

just measured the cbr400 nc23 one team south have for sale. approx 205mm.

Nice one. Shame it's braced up so much or I'd have that one.

I've read your thread in Projects regarding this build. I think it would be sacrilige to shoehorn a big fugoff ally swingarm in it. Have you looked at Dresda or Rickman/Metisse, etc? It'd be in-keeping with the frame/cycle parts and still offer better handling than the original. Try JW Motorcycles or CMR Racing Products.

Only my opinion obviously.

I have a mate who got hold of a Harris Magnum 1 with all the period kit, 16" and 18" 3 spoke magnesium Dymags, nose fairing and cafe racer seat, single pot Lockheed calipers, etc. He streetfightered it spending around £14k in the process and just binned all the parts he took off it. I cried when he told me this. Cock.

I've read your thread in Projects regarding this build. I think it would be sacrilige to shoehorn a big fugoff ally swingarm in it.

not the point at all. I specifically do not want a fug off braced ally arm! If I did I'd put the yzf arm in there.

However I do want an ally arm, unbraced and not too big, but one that will allow me to run at least a 140 section rear tyre, preferably a 160 or 170. The standard is good for about a 110 section and weighs a fucking ton.

Having an idea though, I think Trigger may be getting a pm shortly. :mad:

Try the fzr 400 3tj swinger.It looks good,you can fit up to a 180 tyre,length should be what you need.

Width incl the end seals/washers is 222mm.Without the seals/washers is 215mm.You can simpley push the bearings further into the housing and then trim the ends down to 210mm.

Its also a light/strong well made arm.pivot bolt is 20mm,wheel axle is 20mm. :ph34r:

Try the fzr 400 3tj swinger.It looks good,you can fit up to a 180 tyre,length should be what you need.

Width incl the end seals/washers is 222mm.Without the seals/washers is 215mm.You can simpley push the bearings further into the housing and then trim the ends down to 210mm.

Its also a light/strong well made arm.pivot bolt is 20mm,wheel axle is 20mm. ^_^

Jam ..I have measured the Fzr 3en2 's swinger and they about the same ^^

Jam ..I have measured the Fzr 3en2 's swinger and they about the same ^^

Nice one, I've just scuttled of to look at the piccies of yours, and looks smart. What size tyres/rim has it got as standard? 160 tyre?

Nice one, I've just scuttled of to look at the piccies of yours, and looks smart. What size tyres/rim has it got as standard? 160 tyre?

The fzr400 3en1 and en2 use the same frame but the swing arms are different en1 has braced swing arm and the en2 has none ,but has a thicker arm and paddock stand bobbins

Both bikes run 140/60 r18 rears and 120/70 17 fronts ,tyres bt92s/090s and gpr fit these and are great for these little bikes....IMO

Lots of folks has fitted fzr 600 r and 400 2tj 17" to these bike that can take 160/60 bbut not much bigger IIRC

Try here

The best swingarm IMO would be the en1 the bracing is not that big and would suit your bike luvvery...

And you had better not do that yzf/thunderace fast orange ......................... ;):thumbsup:

RGV 250 swingarm maybe, vj21 is unbraced, very light, takes a 150 tyre as standard so i'd expect it to be able to take a 160 without to much trouble.

Or how about chopping the brace off the cbr400 one.

Archived