ZXRH1 with ZX7r Forks Mod. Done & Dusted

Bannon_Orcus

Ok gang, here is my H1 > ZX7r fork mod. A great mod offering trick looks and better brakes. :eusa_dance:

wyolks.jpg

wUpperInsert.jpg

wTogether.jpg

wPairofCollars.jpg

wLowerTriple.jpg

wLowerinsert.jpg

z3.jpg

AVC_4031A.jpg

Plenty more projects where that came from. :eusa_whistle:

Bloody Nora, matey! Them's some top pics! You've put a lot of work just into the tutorial, so I'm not surprised the swap worked! Smart work! :eusa_whistle:

Yeah, Kudos there mate, welld one and well documented.

There's extra points for showing your work, y'know!

Nice!

A

Thanks Both, I was a very good project. The end result is very pleasing. As she stops well into the bargain. Expecting to put Suzuki calipers on next....for that extra power.

I also have a Brembo Radial master cylinder on the way, so I should be able to stop on a penny!

I need a close ratio gearbox however....so the search continues. :tumbleweed:

• 1 month later...
Thanks Both, I was a very good project. The end result is very pleasing. As she stops well into the bargain. Expecting to put Suzuki calipers on next....for that extra power.

I also have a Brembo Radial master cylinder on the way, so I should be able to stop on a penny!

I need a close ratio gearbox however....so the search continues. :beerchug:

Any chance of a side on pic of the bike on its' stand????

looks real nice..... jobs' a good 'un

SteveT

RHRC

• 7 months later...
hi - how different is a ZXR400 front end to the ZX7R?

Much shorter and lighter - but may be too short fork length wise - I have just put a 7R front end on my H1 using this guide and it has dropped the front end a bit, so you wouldnt really want to go any lower.

Much shorter and lighter - but may be too short fork length wise - I have just put a 7R front end on my H1 using this guide and it has dropped the front end a bit, so you wouldnt really want to go any lower.

ah cheers man - scoping out an original but kinda rough zxr750 H1, and was looking for quiet/cheap mods.. how do they run with the 170 section rear tyre, and are tyres hard to find?

if i buy it i will have owned every 1989 ZXR... the 250, the 400 and the 750..

ah cheers man - scoping out an original but kinda rough zxr750 H1, and was looking for quiet/cheap mods.. how do they run with the 170 section rear tyre, and are tyres hard to find?

if i buy it i will have owned every 1989 ZXR... the 250, the 400 and the 750..

H model ZXR's run 180's - the first mass produced sportsbike to do so I beleive. All the TB guys certainly run 180 slicks. 5.5" rims all through the ZXR750 range.

mint - its heading to winter over here, probabaly going to run med comp race wets on the road if i have the $$

• 1 year later...

Hiya,

whats involved(difficulty level)in removing stem without knackering bottom yoke?

Bearing press a pre-requisite I assume?

Hiya,

whats involved(difficulty level)in removing stem without knackering bottom yoke?

Bearing press a pre-requisite I assume?

That's what the guy who sorted mine for me used. Fairly solid fit too.

• johnnymack63 unpinned this topic

Archived