BMW S1000RR service light…..

srad34

So, on the ‘21 RR model, just done oil and filters today but it’s got the huge service message on the TFT screen with an ‘X’ to close the pop up, but not sure if I can close this myself or only a dealer, any ideas?

The rotating wheel doesn’t appear to do anything ether….🙏

IMG_2494.jpeg

IMG_2495.jpeg

I’m guessing you need a gs-911 or similar. Well worth purchasing if you’re doing stuff yourself anyway…

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, srad34 said:

So, on the ‘21 RR model, just done oil and filters today but it’s got the huge service message on the TFT screen with an ‘X’ to close the pop up, but not sure if I can close this myself or only a dealer, any ideas?

The rotating wheel doesn’t appear to do anything ether….🙏

IMG_2494.jpeg

IMG_2495.jpeg

Shirley YouTube should have a video if it’s a non dealer possibility ?

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Timbo S2 said:

I’m guessing you need a gs-911 or similar. Well worth purchasing if you’re doing stuff yourself anyway…

Thanks, not my bike, just serviced it for a pal who’s overseas and he’s asked me to use it for a couple of weeks as it’s been stood since July last year 😀

Edited by srad34

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, fastfreddybikes2 said:

Shirley YouTube should have a video if it’s a non dealer possibility ?

Not that I have found, just loads of yanks staffing about how fast they go up the bloody freeway so far…

Thought I would keep it in-house and get some accurate info 🤣

Edited by srad34
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, srad34 said:

Not that I have found, just loads of yanks staffing about how fast they go up the bloody freeway so far…

Thought I would keep it in-house and get some accurate info 🤣

Assuming GS-911 or MotoScan app and an OBD unit / adapter.....got both but no help to you considering where I am.

9 minutes ago, Gobert said:

Assuming GS-911 or MotoScan app and an OBD unit / adapter.....got both but no help to you considering where I am.

Thanks Babe, told him to get the motoscan app and dongle.

Is there a way to minimalist the tft pop up on the screen to an icon until he gets back?

IMG_2494.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, srad34 said:

Thanks Babe, told him to get the motoscan app and dongle.

Is there a way to minimalist the tft pop up on the screen to an icon until he gets back?

IMG_2494.jpeg

No idea I'm afraid as I have a Gen 3 with a old fashioned dash - for the Gen 3, the MotoScan Ultimate App and OBDlink LX do nearly everything a GS-911 does.

UPDATE: pal at local bike shop has the software, he’s gonna sort it tomorrow, woop, woop

Thanks Gobert 😉

• Like 2

Just now, srad34 said:

UPDATE: pal at local bike shop has the software, he’s gonna sort it tomorrow, woop, woop

Thanks Gobert 😉

Glad you are sorted - on mine there's a small message in the corner of the dash and that's it rather than that message that's taken over the dash on the Gen 4.

Only just seen this, if you have any problems I can do this for you, plus coding options. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/22/2024 at 8:20 PM, Rick448 said:

Only just seen this, if you have any problems I can do this for you, plus coding options. 

Thanks pal, sorted, I can now see the full screen and the world is restored, cheeky blast out this morning I think while the sun is shining!

• Like 2