Powder coating costs.

Ray Von

Just trying to benchmark some parts I want powder coating. 

I've 6 mounting brackets off a set of side rail steps for a car that I need doing, about a foot long for 4 items and 2 small clamp brackets. 

Is £90 a fair price? 

Seems expensive for what it is

Yes, thats pretty fair.  Hours work to blast and coat, plus materials, and the pven is expebsive to run these days.

• Like 1

It is one of those services that is good value. Done right, you get to enjoy it for years.

Compare and contrast with a meal out, which costs a similar price, and ends up curled around the u-bend, the next day.

• Haha 6

14 minutes ago, Jenny Pryde said:

It is one of those services that is good value. Done right, you get to enjoy it for years.

Compare and contrast with a meal out, which costs a similar price, and ends up curled around the u-bend, the next day.

Tru dat

As others have said, for the work involved, the costs and to also draw a wage from it, it seems very good value.

That is expensive. The most expensive powder coaters I deal with on a weekly basis charge £56 + VAT as a minimum order charge and that would more than cover what you’re having done.

Another one I deal with charges £40 + VAT for small jobs like yours. 

I had the Blackbird front wheel done last year, blasted and coated, I think it was £30. Place in Burton on Trent.

Seemed abit thin tho.

If you find a good one stick with them.

I paid approx £110 for a rear wheel on my vfr probably 7 years ago from Triple S.

No better than any other company, I wouldn't use them again