VFR Race Bike rides the LDU

vfiend

My old VFR750 hasn't run since it was last raced in 2014. It's sat unloved ever since.

Soon, it will be dragged out, restored to it's former "glory", thoroughly put through its paces and than ran nearly a thousand miles in a day for Cancer Research UK.

Pray for me.

Screenshot_20240221_191541_Gallery.jpg.a62f6f7a00e145823ec4ed511dc77d2f.jpg

Also, gimmie all yo' money: https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/garycolley24

Edited by vfiend
  • Like 17

• vfiend changed the title to VFR Race Bike rides the LDU

Subscribed!

We might have to re-evaluate the odds, tell us more of your viffer race history.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thunderbolt said:

Subscribed!

We might have to re-evaluate the odds, tell us more of your viffer race history.

It's an 80's VFR750F that was shoddily converted for racing in Earlystocks in 2012. It did well and finished every race started. But it was not pretty. There's a thread detailing my first race season somewhere.

It got fancied up a bit for 2014, but shat it's guts of oil after the first race (ropey sump bung thread).

It's sat unloved as an item of scorn ever since.

Life got in the way, but now I'm back on bikes more frequently it's getting ticked back into working fettle for the LDU and if I'm really feeling fancy, I may get a race license again.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...