CNC / Custom Slave Cylinder manufacture

CRM

So with HEL and Oberon not interested for a small run of these clutch slaves for the FP1, any other suggestion who to try ? 
I think we need around 10 making. 
Annoyingly the MMX500 part fits - but the slave isn't deep enough and chopping the pushrod down is not really an option as it would breach the seal area. 

16 minutes ago, CRM said:

So with HEL and Oberon not interested for a small run of these clutch slaves for the FP1, any other suggestion who to try ? 
I think we need around 10 making. 
Annoyingly the MMX500 part fits - but the slave isn't deep enough and chopping the pushrod down is not really an option as it would breach the seal area. 

Will Suter not make run?

Do you have drawings?  They're pretty simple pieces.

I have spoken with Fabian in Suter and he was not interested. Shame as they also said they had no originals left, yet the last one was sold last week to me via a chap in spain who had a tie in with one of the guys there.
So unless i can give Eskil a wedgie until he concedes and starts another batch i need to look at alternative sources as the OEM ones are flawed anyway 

• Like 1

Mark at rcd could easily make them, I need one for mine, I’ll ask him, how many are you thinking of ?

Edited by 426hemi
  • Like 1

Make a drawing and put it out to quote, anyone could make one. Ideally you would use an off the shelf seal and piston.

Piece of piss

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Would having a small adapter plate made to accommodate the fixings of a standard size Ducati spec Oberon or similar work?

Then just a longer pushrod to suit, that way any replacements are readily available

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'd take one that was close and make a new housing using the piston etc.

@4tgp could make some for you.

Are you capable of designing it?

8 hours ago, Taylor said:

Would having a small adapter plate made to accommodate the fixings of a standard size Ducati spec Oberon or similar work?

Then just a longer pushrod to suit, that way any replacements are readily available

Now that is thinking outside the box and could well indeed work. 
The MMX500 item while not cheap does have the correct bolt spacing - but is a proper skinny thing compared to the original part. 
Spacing it out may indeed be the ticket. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 426hemi said:

Mark at rcd could easily make them, I need one for mine, I’ll ask him, how many are you thinking of ?

I reckon there is at least 4 needed with a few spare as they could well be others who use bikes too

16 hours ago, CRM said:

I reckon there is at least 4 needed with a few spare as they could well be others who use bikes too

I’m sending mine to rcd on Monday, mark said he’s interested in making some.

2 hours ago, 426hemi said:

I’m sending mine to rcd on Monday, mark said he’s interested in making some.

Thanks Warren, put me down for a couple and there is also another needed in Spain, i reckon they will easily sell when users try to use their bikes

18 hours ago, CRM said:

So why do they break regularly?

7 minutes ago, marvin said:

So why do they break regularly?

crack on the bleed nipple area its a bit thin and coupled with hammer hands - not ideal 
Its a poor design to be honest, even bleeding at the banjo splits them. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CRM said:

crack on the bleed nipple area its a bit thin and coupled with hammer hands - not ideal 
Its a poor design to be honest, even bleeding at the banjo splits them. 

I’ll pass that info onto mark so he can beef those areas up, on my rsv I bought an evoluzione slave cylinder and that has a bearing that the rod sits on and stops the fluid going black, loads of people on rsv forums kept saying it was the seals making it go black but in probably 18 years of my rsv having the evoluzione slave the fluid has never gone black.