Paint protection film?

Rick448

As the paint on my S1000RR seems to be made from the same cheese that the M3 used, has anyone got experience with PPF on bikes? Even though it only has about 1500 miles on, it already has a few chips on the front. I don’t want to do the whole bike, just the vulnerable areas. So, has anyone got any recommendations please?

41 minutes ago, 426hemi said:

It was as on my multistrada when I bought it, seemed to work ok as it had some marks in it from stones but it didn’t mark the paint, no idea where it was as from though. I’ve had tank grips from these and they’ve been good quality.

https://www.eazi-grip.com/cat/eazi-guard/eazi-guard-bmw/

I’ve got tank grips from them on the BM, I did look at the PPF and it seemed to have poor reviews, though that was for DIY application, I think I’d better pay someone to do it as I am a hamfisted muppet at that sort of thing. 

• 1 month later...

PPF’s like a lotta things, in that a. you get what you pay for (personally, I’ve always tended to use ‘3M’ and names that I trust) and b. (like paint) it’s all in the preparation.

Meticulous preparation and taking yer time with application, will yield good results. Also, newer materials are significantly better than what they use to be (less chance of unsightly yellowing)

I’ve done it to a couple of bikes (obv. Places like, bellypan, leading edges on fairings and tanks) and most people don’t even notice it’s there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gobert23 said:

PPF’s like a lotta things, in that a. you get what you pay for (personally, I’ve always tended to use ‘3M’ and names that I trust) and b. (like paint) it’s all in the preparation.

Meticulous preparation and taking yer time with application, will yield good results. Also, newer materials are significantly better than what they use to be (less chance of unsightly yellowing)

I’ve done it to a couple of bikes (obv. Places like, bellypan, leading edges on fairings and tanks) and most people don’t even notice it’s there.

I might employ your experience and deft hand when I get "my" new Mercedes van. I was looking at colleague's this morning while we were washing them. It's already on its way to looking like my 2016, 180000 mile, Sprinter, which looks like it has been blasted by shotguns.

Edited by jaycee
  • Like 2