Silencers

Does silencer tube id affect things?

I will be making somempipes  with help from a friend soon. This but we can do.

In the interests of sving some time, intend to but some silencers. Tyga pnes with 18??? Mm tube id I think.

The bike is a Spondon powed with a Yam AS1. 125cc twin.

So.... does the id of the silencers affect things criticallynor not. If it does what id tolerance works. And if id is imporrant, where can I get some nice looking silencers for a 125 twin.... repackable, preferably in carbon kevlar, because I am a masssive tart.

Any info gratelyy recieved as any all 2t knowledgenis most shajy and theoretical. 

Andy 

The baffle tube on my 50cc race bike is 16mm, and is generally at the sharp end of UK roadracing (18-19bhp). As Doug says, it would be easy to put a restrictor in to the tyga ones to make them more suitable.

KW02

Edited by wazrs257
Add a photo
  • Like 3

Many thanks.  I shall read through.

Wars, where, when and what against are you racing that? I used to race 50cc stuff ages ago  MBX is still sat in the shed somewhere. Wondered if theres a 55cc air cooled 11ish bhp class?

44 minutes ago, 2639 said:

Many thanks.  I shall read through.

Wars, where, when and what against are you racing that? I used to race 50cc stuff ages ago  MBX is still sat in the shed somewhere. Wondered if theres a 55cc air cooled 11ish bhp class?

There's been an ACU 50cc championship for about 5 years now, I won it in 2021. This season there's rounds at Brands Hatch, Cadwell Park, Anglesey, Mallory Park, 3 sisters and Darley Moor. In the beginning it was just 50s, but as interest has waned a bit, they've introduced streetstock 125s, and most recently 85cc bikes. I'm not happy with the decision to allow the 85s in, because even a crap rider can blast past us on the straights, then hold us up through the corners. We don't stand a cat in hells chance against a decent rider on an 85 putting out 10bhp more than us. If you do facebook, there's a page for the championship. https://www.facebook.com/groups/161246474395579

There's also a euro 50cc championship racing at big circuits like Assen, I'm itching to give that a go, but their bikes tend to be a step up from ours, putting out low 20s bhp.

This is my 'race report' thread.

• Like 3

Thanks for the information on the 50cc series. Will read through properly... not sure about commpeting, as rhere are a zillion unfinished idea without racing a two stroke.... and

The AS1 is closer to the start than the finish.

It was s boot full of loose bits. Its now a rolling chassis with an engine properly fitted.

Have a seat.  Need to fabricate a tank. Barrels anď heads are getting a medium posh powerband fitted, not full posh because of gear ratios,  and thevunwullingness to pat a grand for a kit gearbox. Exhausts are supposedcto be ready to start in early feb.

I only started the silly idea because its a Spondon. Any and every other frame builder and I would have said no. I need more projects like a hole in my head.

Its marooned up northerer. So no pics.

February.

• Like 1