Sharing track days with cars

jimjambandit

I can't believe anyone thinks this is a good idea on a short circuit, bad enough on the full 'Ring. Scrub to 4.59  for the inevitable.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Gona say I did at the Newburgerking GP circuit 13 years ago.
It was fucking scary and I thought they had stopped it as it's so bloody dangerous, but clearly not!

Went there in 2004 with my yzf750/1000 and loved the place,don't think I've ever had my left knee on the floor so long on any track I've been to,turn 2 goes on forever and ever,not sure I'd want to share with cars though,would love to go back and do it again.

20 hours ago, jimjambandit said:

. Scrub to 4.59  for the inevitable.

Obviously the camera bike out braked the Kamikaze GSXR rider because the camera bike had wings. Down force innit! There’s your proof you haters. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 months later...

My goodness have we become scared of our own shadow. When the blokes interestwd in bikes and speed majority respond with saying riding on clean and clear dry track is too dangerous something drastic has changed.

Terroristenfahren is one of the best things you can do on wheels. Open season racing has been legislated to the history books, where we voluntarily wittle all risk to nothing of our own volition.

Note however. GPTF is hideously frustrating. Numerous people have ideas above ability. Accidents are annoyingly frequent. This in part stems from Germany having a far larger rider populous, but tracks are less numerous. Consequently the proportion of those used to speed is high, because of autobahns, but abilities with high speed corners or direction changes are just as lacking as this country. Treat GPTF as a bonus if your at the ring. Be very early. Playing high speed wacky races is enormous fun.

If you have reasonable riding ability and possess a psyche based on realism its brilliant. Red mist types who open powerful throttles with insufficient knowledge of where a fair braking point is, unsurprisingly generate problems for themselves.

The braking for the hairpin is tricky. Most levels of rider and driver all the way upto IDM, WSB, VLN and F1, do not find it easy, the front gets it.  The middle and back less so. However the most comedic ineptitude belongs to an englushman named Liam., of Lydd/ Lydden hill ?rally cross fame. Missing your braking matker is standard, as intimated. Missing it and hitting the barriers is rare thiugh, they're a long way back. Hitting the barriers hard enough to launch the car in an endo up and iver the catch fencing, without touching the catch fancing is a whole special league of stupid. Doran.  Liam Doran, how could anyone possibly forget.