Help Needed: Take a day off work and Fuck Cancer

johnnymack63

Well, it’s that time of the year again when now all the riders are confirmed and they’re all flat out in panic mode getting their bikes ready for the big day, and I turn my attention to the help needed on the day.

The format on the day is going to be pretty much the same, the route will be roughly similar, so the location of the pitstops will be more or less the same. They seem to work really well, so P1 at Cirencester, P2 somewhere in Cheshire, P3 north of Preston (Guys Cottage), P4 the ferry and P5 the Highland Tours HQ.

This year however, I would really like some broom wagons based at the pitstops and able to go and help stricken riders in either direction (North or South) on the route if needed, and also to sweep the route up to the next pitstop once the last rider has passed through.

As the number of riders has grown on the event, I’ve found it virtually impossible to provide support on the route and get to JoG before the first rider, which is a source of regret for me. Riders arriving at JoG should at the very least be able to grab tier luggage and go to bed and not have to sit around waiting int he dark car park.

Obviously I’ll sweep the route from Lands End to P1, but I’ll be looking for a van or vans to be based at P1 which will then drive up to P2 once the last rider has gone through P1, then likewise a van stationed at P2 which can drive to P3 and son on and so on. This will let us jump on the M5 at Cirencester and cruise up the motorway in parallel to the route so we’re still on hand to help any stricken riders, but much better able to get to JoG before any riders do.

Hope that makes sense.

If you are able to spare some time to help at a pitstop or if you've got a van and fancy sweeping the route between pitstops, send me a DM. 

As always, thank you so much in advance for helping out. It’s not an exaggeration to say that without the supporting e day, I would not be organising the event. The peace of mind that comes by having you guys and others on the day supporting the riders in person literally makes the difference between me organising it and not.

Laters,
JM

• Like 4

If there's the vaguest pissabolity of the murdervan getting patched up in time,  or my being able to grab the knollege college van, then I'll sweep from P1, otherwise I'll be at cirencester with a car load of spare parts (tyres, radiators, brake pads, levers, etc) & tools so I could help patch bikes as they roll in.

• Like 2

In advance of people answering the call on behalf of this years riders can I say how grateful we are for your support. the provisions, the parts, the servicing, the chain lube, the friendly faces and the emergency support are part of what makes what we do possible and the day so special

None of us take it for granted.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, EXUPDEL said:

In advance of people answering the call on behalf of this years riders can I say how grateful we are for your support. the provisions, the parts, the servicing, the chain lube, the friendly faces and the emergency support are part of what makes what we do possible and the day so special

Especially the lube🤪

• Haha 5

21 hours ago, EXUPDEL said:

It's our pleasure 😀

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, weeksy said:

i should probably know the answer, but when is this ? I've got a van that works.... but time isn't always possible.

21st June

Anyone who gives their time and efforts to help people help CRUK is doing a brilliant thing and should be proud of themselves, you're awesome.

Apart from you, now stop that, and make sure you wash your hands thoroughly.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, TKDMitch said:

Anyone who gives their time and efforts to help people help CRUK is doing a brilliant thing and should be proud of themselves, you're awesome.

Apart from you, now stop that, and make sure you wash your hands thoroughly.

Sorry Daddy...

• Haha 2